How to clear DHCP? If can't, suggestion!

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if there's an easy way to clear the DHCP client list so I
can assign different IP addresses to old devices (MAC addresses). If it's not
possible except by resetting the device back to factory default settings then I
have a suggestion, let us reset the DHCP server easily. Thanks!

--
Regards,
@Matthew

    The easiest way to to do a soft reset by unplugging the power & plugging
    it back in. It's much easier then a factory restore as you only lose
    the basestation log, time, DHCP client list, etc.

    Matthew Weyer wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I was just wondering if there's an easy way to clear the DHCP client list so I
    > can assign different IP addresses to old devices (MAC addresses). If it's not
    > possible except by resetting the device back to factory default settings then I
    > have a suggestion, let us reset the DHCP server easily. Thanks!

    If you are using DHCP you shouldn't care what IP address is assigned to a
    PC. DHCP servers tend to give out the same IP address based on the MAC
    address (assuming the same IP address is still available) for a reason -
    probably to accommodate people who mistakenly use the IP address to get to
    the box; eg: http://192.168.0.101 etc. rather than using other ways to
    identify the target - or to avoid breaking any drive mappings etc.

    Anyway, if you *need* to know the IP address of a box behind a router, then
    define the DHCP range differently to exclude some handfull of addresses and
    assign the boxes a static IP in the unassigned range. That is why one can
    define the scope of the addresses that are handed out by DHCP.

    HTH

    "Matthew Weyer" <comdoc818NO@SPAMmsn.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I was just wondering if there's an easy way to clear the DHCP client list
    so I
    > can assign different IP addresses to old devices (MAC addresses). If it's
    not
    > possible except by resetting the device back to factory default settings
    then I
    > have a suggestion, let us reset the DHCP server easily. Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > @Matthew

    Thanks Kerry! Actually the only reason I want to clear the DHCP client list is
    because I have a lot of people connect to my network over time and have so many
    addresses on there that it's hard to tell what's what.

    --
    Regards,
    @Matthew

    "Kerry Liles" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > If you are using DHCP you shouldn't care what IP address is assigned to a
    > PC. DHCP servers tend to give out the same IP address based on the MAC
    > address (assuming the same IP address is still available) for a reason -
    > probably to accommodate people who mistakenly use the IP address to get to
    > the box; eg: http://192.168.0.101 etc. rather than using other ways to
    > identify the target - or to avoid breaking any drive mappings etc.
    >
    > Anyway, if you *need* to know the IP address of a box behind a router, then
    > define the DHCP range differently to exclude some handfull of addresses and
    > assign the boxes a static IP in the unassigned range. That is why one can
    > define the scope of the addresses that are handed out by DHCP.
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > "Matthew Weyer" <comdoc818NO@SPAMmsn.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello everyone,
    >>
    >> I was just wondering if there's an easy way to clear the DHCP client list so
    >> I can assign different IP addresses to old devices (MAC addresses). If it's
    >> not possible except by resetting the device back to factory default settings
    >> then I have a suggestion, let us reset the DHCP server easily. Thanks!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> @Matthew

    I can see that could be a hassle... Not sure MS is even accepting
    suggestions anymore for their now-defunct product line (as if they ever were
    accepting suggestions!). I did not mean to belittle your suggestion (now I
    realize I may have given that impression after I read my own reply!! - oops,
    sorry). An option to "restart" the DHCP server code would be something that
    would be nice (sure beats resetting from factory and then restoring your
    saved settings).

    Are you sure that a power off/on recycle doesn't clear the DHCP table? I
    must admit I have never looked, but I would imagine it strange that the
    router would save that info in non-volatile ram... but then again...

    cheers

    Kerry

    > Thanks Kerry! Actually the only reason I want to clear the DHCP client
    list is
    > because I have a lot of people connect to my network over time and have so
    many
    > addresses on there that it's hard to tell what's what.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > @Matthew
    >
    > "Kerry Liles" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > > If you are using DHCP you shouldn't care what IP address is assigned to
    > > PC. DHCP servers tend to give out the same IP address based on the MAC
    > > address (assuming the same IP address is still available) for a reason -
    > > probably to accommodate people who mistakenly use the IP address to get
    > > the box; eg: http://192.168.0.101 etc. rather than using other ways to
    > > identify the target - or to avoid breaking any drive mappings etc.
    > >
    > > Anyway, if you *need* to know the IP address of a box behind a router,
    then
    > > define the DHCP range differently to exclude some handfull of addresses
    and
    > > assign the boxes a static IP in the unassigned range. That is why one
    can
    > > define the scope of the addresses that are handed out by DHCP.
    > >
    > > HTH
    > >

    > > "Matthew Weyer" <comdoc818NO@SPAMmsn.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hello everyone,
    > >>
    > >> I was just wondering if there's an easy way to clear the DHCP client
    list so
    > >> I can assign different IP addresses to old devices (MAC addresses). If
    it's
    > >> not possible except by resetting the device back to factory default
    settings
    > >> then I have a suggestion, let us reset the DHCP server easily. Thanks!
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Regards,
    > >> @Matthew

  5. go to dhcp server tab, change the IP Pool Starting Address exceeding the ip address on the list then apply

Routers DHCP Devices Networking