Tech: Battery holder replacement

I need to replace the battery holder on a Diner. Is it ok to use 3 AAA
instead of the AA, as the AAA holder is available from RadioShack.

I appreciate any help.

Jim

I'm guessing no, since the voltage would be different. IIRC...

3xAA = 4.5V
3xAAA = 3.6V

Someone more knowlegeable will probably chime in with the correct
values, but I'm guessing that it's not going to work. Maybe a 4-AAA
holder?

-Derek

Actually AAA are the same voltage as AA. I was more concerned about
battery life.

Jim

Jim,

I did it on a FirePower II and it has lasted on location for about a
year. I don't know if newer games use more juice. Although AAA seem
to be more expensive than AA. You can buy AA holders from:

www.greatplainselectronics.com

for a GREAT price.

- Dan

redwing196@aol.com wrote:
> I need to replace the battery holder on a Diner. Is it ok to use 3 AAA
> instead of the AA, as the AAA holder is available from RadioShack.
>
> I appreciate any help.
>
> Jim

Thanks Dan,

I want to get this done today, otherwise Ed's site would be my choice.
A year on location is good enough for me! Thanks for the input!

Jim

Yes, it will work fine.

I assume you are remote mounting them
of course.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
===========================

redwing196@aol.com wrote:
> I need to replace the battery holder on a Diner. Is it ok to use 3 AAA
> instead of the AA, as the AAA holder is available from RadioShack.

you can just get the 4 AA holder and solder a jumper wire on one of the
compartments. Works great with a blocking diode for older games that
had rechargeables originally too.

Yep,

I uses the four place holders for remote battery holders and use the
fourth space for the blocking diode and for the mounting screw.
(http://www2.bitstream.net/~miekoa/pinball/articles-stories-battery.html)
(http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/battery.html)

--
PinTed