Sign in with
Your question
Solved

BSOD Memory_Management & PFN_List_Corrupt

Last response: in Windows 7
December 4, 2012 7:28:50 PM

Hello all,

Looking for some help if possible, I've had two BSOD in the last two weeks, and not entirely sure what my problem is.
Relatively newer self-built system that I've periodically been upgrading. I experienced the PFN List Corrupt on 11/22 and just experienced a Memory Management today 12/4. I wasn't doing anything in particular, and haven't upgraded my computer in the last two months. Any help would be appreciated

System Info

Athlon II x4 635 2.9 GHz
16.0 GB DDR3 1600
ASUS Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5

Please let me know what additional info I can provide. Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 4, 2012 7:59:02 PM

Download and burn to CD memtest86 ( www.memtest86.com ). Run no less than 3 complete cycles on each individual stick of RAM in each slot. Follow this with pairs, alternating order and slots between tests. Finally (assuming 4x4GB) all 4 sticks. Be prepared for this to take a long time to complete.
December 10, 2012 11:37:11 PM

Thank you ex_bubblehead. I should've known to do this but for some reason I was worried it was my graphics card causing the issues. I ran memtest, and sure enough, one of my 4gb sticks was bad. RMA'd to crucial for replacement. Thanks again!
m
l
December 10, 2012 11:37:21 PM

Best answer selected by ucrogpog.
m
l
!