Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Repairing a system with unknown cause of crashing, replaced motherboard, RAM, video card...wouldn't even reload windows. The guy was fixing it for his parents, he died, I finished the job today using the CPU from his system (he can't use it any more).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Aw damn! I told him not to try another MSI board and to hide the razor blades! Now look what's happened! I thought for a second you were refering to a P4 dying and I knew that's impossible!

Abit IS7 - 2.8C @ 3.4 - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - THAT'S MORE LIKE IT, MSI!

Johanthegnarler

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2003
Wish someone would have told me about the intel boards as well.. as soon as i became an enthusiast i realized i had no control. Luckily for my sake i only have those plastic razor blades.

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623</A>
46,510 , movin on up. 48k new goal. Maybe not.. :/

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
P4 CPU dies. People send the PC to their son. Halfway through diagnosing it, he dies. I repair their system using the CPU from his system, another P4.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not reading well tonite! :lol:

Abit IS7 - 2.8C @ 3.4 - Mushkin PC4000 (2 X 512) - Sapphire 9800Pro - TT 420 watt Pure Power
Samsung 120gb ATA-100 - Maxtor 40gb ATA - 100
Sony DRU-510A - THAT'S MORE LIKE IT, MSI!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That means a P4 1.8A, at only 2.5 years old and never overclocked, owned by old people, died under normal circumstances.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Don't know about the chip, the receipt is in his personal affects which I'm not going through unless they ASK me to.

Anyway you look at it everyone gets screwed. I worked for him, I loose my job. They loose their son. His computer probably had stuff on it they'd want to see, but I doubt they ever will. His roomate also worked for him, he lost his job AND won't be able to pay rent. His roomate's girlfriend used to stay there, now she's got to go to her home town over an hour away and stay with her parents. And not to mention that this was a guy who lived for the fight, until death cheated by pulling a card out of his sleeve. This guy had a health problem that had been stabilized for YEARS before an equipment failure took him out.

endyen

Splendid
He was, I think, a friend of yours. My sympathy.
It is good to remember that death causes stange feelings. Sometimes we are glad, because it wasn't us. Some times we feel cheated, or angry, or we hate, or love. It is okay to feel that way. That is grief. Allow it and it will pass, and leave only the memory of the friend.