Power problems on my CQ45

Status
Not open for further replies.

hade123

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
I've been using a cq45 laptop for little over a year now and since last week the battery seems to drain itself really fast (just browsing & using office). It drains itself 10-15% even when it's completely shut down. I installed windows 7 about a month ago. I've tried using it on the power saver plan, no difference.

Is the battery dying? any way to fix this without replacing the battery?

Thanks

Yes, the battery is dying.
No, there is no way to fix without replacing the battery.

Over time laptop batteries will ALWAYS end up loosing thier ability to hold a charge. My current laptop battery will last for about 15 minutes if it's not connected to a power source. Also, I good reason to be using a wall outlet anyways is: Laptops run in a low power mode when running on battery many times this means the CPU and some other components are running slower. For better performance use the outlet. If you must be on battery. You'll need to get a new one soon and I know for sure it won't be cheap.

hade123

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
yea, checked the price today.. pretty costly..

just another quick question, after I get my new battery.. is it ok to use it plugged into the socket all the time when i'm home or should I remove it once the battery is charged fully? Friends say it reduces battery life, just wanna make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.