Paging GROVER re: WW ramp

Grover,

I sent an email to you a week ago, but haven't received a response.
Maybe I have an invalid email address, you're out of town, or just
busy. When you get a chance, could you please contact me? This is in
regard to the WW "Insanity Falls" ramp deal. Thanks very much.

Ted

Ted

Grover has been moving recently. Probably why he has been slow in
responding.

Gerry
www.pinballpromos.com

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

I talked to Gman the other day,

Hes still on dial up after moving & I know he doesnt like it ,

Mail might be slow.

Pin-Del,

Yeah the last time someone asked about a creech ramp got their order
cancelled :)

Wonder who that was ;)

My story is easy to follow ...

Grover screwed up by not taking my name off the list after refunding
the money

gary

Are all 3 ramps out yet?

Mark Salas wrote:
> Yeah the last time someone asked about a creech ramp got their order
> cancelled :)
>
> Wonder who that was ;)

>My story is easy to follow ...

A point to it would have been nice....

>Grover screwed up by not taking my name off the list after refunding
>the money

OK, so your name wasn't off the list. How did that equal a "free"
ramp? Even if Mike had your name on a list, he assumed you paid for it.
I HIGHLY doubt he used the phrase "had you down for a free ramp". More
like a ramp he assumed you already paid for but did not.

I know what you are trying to say, Gary, but I doubt there is anyone
who is going to think you are a saint for not taking a ramp that isn't
yours. Glad you decided that not taking a ramp that would have been
tracked to you anyway was a good idea. Some may not like you here, but
they don't think you are a thief (no matter how negative you like to
think 5% of us are).

Kirb

Kirb,
I don't really know the history between you and Gary but I know it's a
given that you will reply to every one of his posts. Do you have some
kind of alert that tells you when he posts something? Just curious:)

Rich Wiski

Just the curly ramp is done.

The tools for the other 2 are supposedly in the works.

I'm holding off having mike send me mine untill all 3 are complete.
-c

It's kind of funny after the way Grover treated me, that if I hadn't
spoken up, I would have gotten a ramp courtesy of the King of Germany

that is the point ...

I only brought it up because someone earlier mentioned my ramp being
cancelled

gary

> Do you have some kind of alert that tells you when he posts something?

I read a lot of RGP and don't post to everything. I respond to Gary
because of his history. The straight truth is sometimes lacking and his
attack on people (in this case Grover) goes back quite a ways. Too bad
you can't google for it since he deletes most of his old posts.

This quesiton was legit- I did not understand his point- What was the
relationship between grover and the free ramp? Now I see there was
nothing but an error on somone else's part that he didn't take
advantage of. how big of him.

Kirb

the ramp is awesome

very thick material

nicely done by Peter

gary

How did this turn into yet another Gary post? I'm just trying to
contact Grover regarding a WW ramp. Are you out there, Gman?

Guess I'll just have to be patient if he's moving and is in a state of
chaos. Thanks for the posts that were on my original topic.

Ted

>just trying to contact Grover regarding a WW ramp.

email would be best.

Kirb

Pinman

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2003

How's that ramp look anyway? I might have missed a post on the topic...
anyone compare it to the original yet?

"CraigC -Chicago-" <pinball@chicagohardcore.net> wrote in message
> Just the curly ramp is done.
>
> The tools for the other 2 are supposedly in the works.
>
> I'm holding off having mike send me mine untill all 3 are complete.
> -c

manic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002

Yeah! Grover where the heck are my CFTBL ramps! Want 'em
NOW!! You and Peter quit f$#%# around!

(that's funny - somebody has just dropped some money in my PayPal
account... but I haven't sold anything recently?? I better check this out)

;-)

rudy gulp ptooie wrote:
> How did this turn into yet another Gary post? I'm just trying to
> contact Grover regarding a WW ramp. Are you out there, Gman?
>
> Guess I'll just have to be patient if he's moving and is in a state of
> chaos. Thanks for the posts that were on my original topic.
>
> Ted

In defense of Grover and Gary (and I am not a Public Defender, but will
be for the next few minutes)...
I will not speak to the relationship there, as that is old news, but I
do want to say:

As for Grover's silence, he had responded the same day or the next day
to several of my emails for a considerable period of time after the FH
sale. Then he fell silent so I sent him the Rudy "Where have you
gone?" quote and, after a week, he wrote back explaining that he was
very busy moving and, making matters worse, he had to go on dial up and
wasn't very happy being forced to use it. I assume that is still the
case since I have not heard from him in almost two weeks now. So, Ted,
don't feel he is avoiding you. Give him time.

As for Gary, I think he simply pointed out that he did the right thing
in a further effort to make amends for some past offenses. Just a few
days ago another string was started by a topic specifically naming
Gary. The topic heading not only named him in an unfriendly way but
the content went on to post some of his private emails.
That,understandably (IMHO), caused him to break his silence. But even
there he attempted to put the past to rest by offering an apology for
old things he had posted that were, (in his words, as best I recall),
"over the top." And, it may well be that removing some of his posts was
simply a further effort on his part to bury the past. I think we all
recognize a totally different tone to his current posts. And, what
nobody knows, is that after I sent him photos of the FH I got from
Grover, which he had spoken ill of while he was still actively posting,
he wrote back telling me how nice it was and urged me to put up photos
for everyone to see. He had to know that if I did what he asked it
would have simply served to invite lots of negative comments directed
to him as to how wrong he had been in his predictions regarding the
machine. To me that said a great deal about his present attitude toward
his critics. As I had mentioned once before, the fraternal
organization I belong to (Knights of Pythias) has a philosophy that we
should, "Forgive a fault and commend a virtue." I try to live by that
and while I don't always manage to accomplish it, I do find that when I
get a chance to practice it I get much more satisfaction than when I
act in retaliation.

And now (actually tomorrow at 5:00 a.m.) I am off to Maui with the wife
and grandkids for 10 days of R&R, and to see if I can develop a sun
burn that rivals Rudy's on my FH. :)

Bob

TRENDING THREADS