TECH: Space Shuttle missing U19?

Just picked up a project Space Shuttle and did not get a manual. The
PDF is not of good quality. U19 socket is empty. Should there be a chip
in U19 socket? If so what chip?
MPU will not boot 0 on the display solid LEDs.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Keith

the U19 socket is empty as default
U20 is the the "game" rom the rest of the roms are sound and
speech
"" 0 "" lighting on led seven digit display on mpu board means " test
passed "

I will mail you the manual

Marius
www.pinball.ro

Wow! Thanks guys! My first and only sys9 so I have no manuals that
cover this pin.

The coin door advance and up down switches are broken and the wires are
cut.

The game is not in attract mode and displays all 1111111s in all the
displays like it's stuck in display test. Turning if off and on, coin
door open or closed does not help.

UPDATE:

WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!

Replaced the coin door with one from a system 7 and it went straight
into attract mode!

Awesome! seems like everything works just needs a good cleaning and
some adjustments.

Beaver

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

You are correct. The all 111's indicates that the system is in test
mode. I just powered up my Space Shuttle machine with all 3 buttons
down, and I get about one second of attract music, and then the
displays all go to '0' and hold at '1'. You must have some wires
shorted.

Sorcerer was the only Sys 9 game to use a chip in U19 - Space Shuttle and
Comet do not.

You might try one of Leon's test ROMS - these seem to be the cat's pajamas!

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com