Can you use External DVD from D400 with another computer?

Jonathan

I'm ordering a Latitude D400 with an external DVD burner. Since it
sounds like it connects with the laptop through a USB 2 port, is it
possible to also use the external DVD burner with a desktop with a USB
2 connection?

Thanks,

Jonathan

On 15 Jun 2004 18:02:03 -0700, marotta@iwon.com (Jonathan) wrote:

>I'm ordering a Latitude D400 with an external DVD burner. Since it
>sounds like it connects with the laptop through a USB 2 port, is it
>possible to also use the external DVD burner with a desktop with a USB
>2 connection?

Yes.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Desktop: Dell Dimension XPS T550
Notebook: Dell Inspiron 8600
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on both

Jonathan

Wanted to answer my own question here. You can't use the External DVD
with a USB2 on another computer. It is a powered connector, and
therefore won't fit.

Jonathan