Can you use External DVD from D400 with another computer?

I'm ordering a Latitude D400 with an external DVD burner. Since it
sounds like it connects with the laptop through a USB 2 port, is it
possible to also use the external DVD burner with a desktop with a USB
2 connection?

Thanks,

Jonathan
2 answers Last reply
More about external d400 computer

    On 15 Jun 2004 18:02:03 -0700, marotta@iwon.com (Jonathan) wrote:

    >I'm ordering a Latitude D400 with an external DVD burner. Since it
    >sounds like it connects with the laptop through a USB 2 port, is it
    >possible to also use the external DVD burner with a desktop with a USB
    >2 connection?

    Yes.
    --
    <<<SgtRich>>>

    Desktop: Dell Dimension XPS T550
    Notebook: Dell Inspiron 8600
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on both

    Wanted to answer my own question here. You can't use the External DVD
    with a USB2 on another computer. It is a powered connector, and
    therefore won't fit.

    Jonathan

Dell DVD Burner Computer Computers