Bandwidth for games

djhutto

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hello,
A game I am trying to play on my pc keeps crashing because it says I don't have enough bandwidth to run it...How do I fix this to stop crashing? I have a 4G pc I purchased specifically to run games so why is this giving me a problem. When I looked in the device mgr under properties it says it's only running on 20%. Is there a way I can change that to accept more bandwidth on Windows 7? Please give a detailed response. I only know enough about computers to get me into trouble, I'm certainly NOT a techie......thanks : )

A PC won't crash because your network connection is too slow.

A PC only crashes because you have a hardware or software issue that needs to be fixed.

Please provide:
1. the error, and
2. the GAME that is crashing.
3. Your connection UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD SPEEDS
http://www.speedtest.net/
*Do you have problems running OTHER GAMES that use the network.

**By "crashing" if you are playing an online service that STREAMS the game too you (i.e. ONLIVE) and it just kicks you out of the game then your problem is simply a network connection that is too slow. There is little you can do about that.

Scott_D_Bowen

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I have a 4G pc I purchased specifically to run games.

Do you mean a 4G network/cellular ('wireless') Internet device?

Then yes, games will 'crash' out when your network connection drops to the server.

You may need a cable or xDSL service if you are gaming lots.

You could try an external antenna, but they usually don't stop the connection from dropping out.