Wanted: Suggestions for attracting woman to the Hershey show

This could be a fun topic..I want to make the Hershey show "women
friendly". What types of activities or features of the show would make
women who aren't necessarily into machines and other gameroom stuff
want to come?

Your suggestions are appreciated, especially from women out there
reading this.

Jimmy Rosen
Hershey GameRoom Expo

- Add the words "and Sale" to your show name
- combine it with a linen, or home decorating show & sale
(our local Gun & Knife shows, includes computer exhibits)
- Have a happy hour between 4 and 6
- Auction "average Joe" eligible bachelor dates before the arcade
auctions
- Add-out door 'professional' wrestling

Hmm...women seem to be universally attracted to skeeball (at least the
women of my generation). Get a few skeeball lanes going on freeplay
and put that in your advertising.

I got my wife to go to the Chicago comic convention (Wizard World) with
the promise of meeting Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes from
Clerks/Mallrats/Chasing Amy fame, as well as some of the actors from
the X-Men movies. Dunno if your budget would allow for a celebrity
speaker/autograph signer or not, but some one that has appeared on a
pinball machine (Star Trek actor, X-Files, Star Wars, etc.) signing
pinball flyers, backglasses, etc. for their game might attract more
male and female guests and get a little more media exposure as the
media loves celebrities, even B and C list celebrities.

Bathe & clean clothes.

Just kidding. (You would have had to be at the CA Extreme show to
understand).

Operating a sales booth at Dixon & Cal Extreme I often got the
opportunity to talk to the ladies while while the husband/boyfriend
searched through parts. They almost always seemed to enjoy the fun
stuff interactive games. I am strickly pinball so I am not familiar
with the names of arcade titles. The machines that you have to get up
on, and follow steps to, they really like. Kind of a dance machine?

Whac-a-mole they enjoyed. (PMS based activity, I think).

Skee ball and shuffle they also commented on. When I asked them about
pinballs they almost always agreed on games that have happy upbeat
titles or movie ties ins. Flintstones, NGG, IJ, CFTBL, & RCT were
mentioned most. What they were not too crazy about were the ones the
guys usually like. Scared Stiff, MM, LOTR, Harley Davidson, Breakshot
(ditsi bar girls), & such. I personally love Breakshot so my feelings
were trampled a little.

Just a view from my former booth!

Mario
Pinthetic

jknight

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2003

The best way to get women to attend is to invite me, sadly I can't make
it, sorry, you are on your own.

Jeff
:)

TheKorn wrote:
> "freeman" <1pinhead@comcast.net> wrote in news:1124835819.039269.238550
> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > - Add the words "and Sale" to your show name
> > - combine it with a linen, or home decorating show & sale
> > (our local Gun & Knife shows, includes computer exhibits)
>
> Somehow, I doubt that the "Guns, Knives, AND Computers!!" show attracts a
> lot of women. :)

Yeah Lorena Bobbitt used to attend those :)

TheKorn wrote:
> "freeman" <1pinhead@comcast.net> wrote in news:1124835819.039269.238550
> @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > - Add the words "and Sale" to your show name
> > - combine it with a linen, or home decorating show & sale
> > (our local Gun & Knife shows, includes computer exhibits)
>
> Somehow, I doubt that the "Guns, Knives, AND Computers!!" show attracts a
> lot of women. :)

Get Bon Jovi to come and women will show up in buss loads and exactly
the way we want to see them. That would be the best show ever.

John

You may want to start by offering the ladies free admission.

Second, have a BO detector at the door. No shower, no admission.

Then, have an area set up with those video gambling devices. They'll be
there for hours while the boys have their fun with the pins.

Dave

I don't know that women are going to come no matter what you do - I
don't know many (any) that would go to it willingly - unless it's
because their kids want to go.

Combine it with outdoor sports / gear show. Advertise at colleges.

- Q

sledworks wrote:
> This could be a fun topic..I want to make the Hershey show "women
> friendly". What types of activities or features of the show would make
> women who aren't necessarily into machines and other gameroom stuff
> want to come?
>
> Your suggestions are appreciated, especially from women out there
> reading this.
>
> Jimmy Rosen
> Hershey GameRoom Expo

But still keeping it "Family Friendly" I assume ! :)

Pasta...

--
Fred
TX

"sledworks" <sledworks@aol.com> wrote

> This could be a fun topic..I want to make the Hershey show "women
> friendly". What types of activities or features of the show would make
> women who aren't necessarily into machines and other gameroom stuff
> want to come?

Easy, just advertise as a Hershey MALL Grand Opening :)

JimMac
CARGPB Not - bought the twisted nails

LTG in a thong?

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

sledworks wrote:
> This could be a fun topic..I want to make the Hershey show "women
> friendly". What types of activities or features of the show would make
> women who aren't necessarily into machines and other gameroom stuff
> want to come?
>
> Your suggestions are appreciated, especially from women out there
> reading this.
>
> Jimmy Rosen
> Hershey GameRoom Expo

BillB

This could be a fun topic..I want to make the Hershey show "women
> friendly".

give away cash and the things it can buy: booze, lipstick, shoes, jewelry.

--
billb

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Free house

Free car

Free clothes

Free jewelry

Free manicure

Free flowers

Free chocolate

Free wine

Chippendales

Not necessarily in that order but you get the idea.

Otto

CARGPB11

"sledworks" <sledworks@aol.com> wrote in message
>.I want to make the Hershey show "women
> friendly". What types of activities or features of the show would make
> women who aren't necessarily into machines and other gameroom stuff
> want to come?

Oh yah, a slot machine or video poker contest would definitely bring in
the ladies...the gray-haired ladies. You can either get a charity
permit and do it legally with real money or charge an entry fee and use
tokens in the machine, then give out prizes at the end of the
tournament for most tokens or jackpots or something.

have pinball tournaments where there is a "womans" division. i know
plenty of woman who dont attend other shows/tourneys bcuz there is not
a seperate womans division.

"freeman" <1pinhead@comcast.net> wrote in news:1124835819.039269.238550
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> - Add the words "and Sale" to your show name
> - combine it with a linen, or home decorating show & sale
> (our local Gun & Knife shows, includes computer exhibits)

Somehow, I doubt that the "Guns, Knives, AND Computers!!" show attracts a
lot of women. :)

You invite jewelry, pocketbook and shoe vendors.
Make it a by invitation for the wives of pinball collectors...
or the "WOPC". Free admission for the ladies.