ISO Headache

HeadacheKit

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hello! i'm new and extremely frustrated. i'm trying to mount some ISO to a virtual drive on my netbook...and no luck. several hours after i started im ready to pull out my hair and give up. im running windows seven starter, its an acer netbook, and i have tried daemon tools, poweriso, magicdisc, and virtual clone drive. they mount just fine, but do not open like they are supposed to. they just open on the group of files, the program itself does not open.

help! what am i doing wrong?

HeadacheKit

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
cant burn it, its a netbook. no optical drive. tried to winrar it, but it just did what the mounting has been doing. opens like a file and thats it. at this point im beginning to wonder if it hasnt been corrupted :/ thanks for the ideas tho :)

_kaos_

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

It's looks like the "auto-play" function has been disabled...
Instead of using double-click to open the mounted drive, try right-clicking and selecting the "open with auto-play" menu

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
When you create a virtual drive, then mount an Iso image to it . it is like you have put a cd or dvd in the drive, it will or may auto run. if not just left click on the drive and run the setup file or setup.exe like you would with a normal cd or dvd. run the program to install it to the Hard drive.