True Mobile 1300 "G" and Hotel Wi Fi

My boss has a Dell X300 notebook with I think a True Mobile 1300 "G" WiFi
card.
He complains when he goes to hotels w/ WIFI that it's very expensive and he
doesn't know how to configure
his notebook so he can use the hotel wifi.

Two questions:

is there a central source (website) to visit that'll show wifi hotspots for
a specific location?
how can he configure his notebook true mobile 1300"G" so he can use the
hotel wifi?

Thanks,

Mike
5 answers Last reply
More about true mobile 1300 hotel

    Most hotels give out instruction sheets on how to access their wifi networks
    step by step going through the Windows networking screens. He's probably one
    of those manager types that would rather bitch and moan at their staff
    rather than spend a minute trying to get it working himself.

    It's amazing how many top executives out there don't even know how to turn
    on their own laptops or can't figure out how to open Outlook to read their
    E-mails. Try to discuss networking with them and they just don't have a
    freaking clue...

    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > My boss has a Dell X300 notebook with I think a True Mobile 1300 "G" WiFi
    > card.
    > He complains when he goes to hotels w/ WIFI that it's very expensive and
    he
    > doesn't know how to configure
    > his notebook so he can use the hotel wifi.

    Is there a wifi newsgroup out there?

    Mike

    "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My boss has a Dell X300 notebook with I think a True Mobile 1300 "G" WiFi
    > card.
    > He complains when he goes to hotels w/ WIFI that it's very expensive and
    he
    > doesn't know how to configure
    > his notebook so he can use the hotel wifi.
    >
    > Two questions:
    >
    > is there a central source (website) to visit that'll show wifi hotspots
    for
    > a specific location?
    > how can he configure his notebook true mobile 1300"G" so he can use the
    > hotel wifi?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    The organic entity known as Mike communicated the following:

    > Is there a wifi newsgroup out there?

    alt.internet.wireless

    Thanks,

    Mike

    "LaVacheQuiRit" <i.dont.want.spam@xs4all.invalid> wrote in message
    > The organic entity known as Mike communicated the following:
    >
    > > Is there a wifi newsgroup out there?
    >
    > alt.internet.wireless

    Thanks,

    Mike

    > Most hotels give out instruction sheets on how to access their wifi
    networks
    > step by step going through the Windows networking screens. He's probably
    one
    > of those manager types that would rather bitch and moan at their staff
    > rather than spend a minute trying to get it working himself.
    >
    > It's amazing how many top executives out there don't even know how to turn
    > on their own laptops or can't figure out how to open Outlook to read their
    > E-mails. Try to discuss networking with them and they just don't have a
    > freaking clue...
    >
    > "Mike" <wxyz09@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > My boss has a Dell X300 notebook with I think a True Mobile 1300 "G"
    WiFi
    > > card.
    > > He complains when he goes to hotels w/ WIFI that it's very expensive and
    > he
    > > doesn't know how to configure
    > > his notebook so he can use the hotel wifi.

Dell Mobile WiFi Notebooks Computers