woot, A64 getting alot cheaper

Unseen

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
I was just checking up on prices and seems like A64 prices droped alot. A64 2800+ out for 144 and A64 at $163. The prices look so good now, I am really dying get a A64 system get rid of my 866 mgz P3! Anyhow, I think will have to wait awhile alonger since I blew $$ earlier this year for 1.5 ghz P-M notebook :( Any clue how much more the prices will drop in aonther 5 or 6 months?

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
That does seem like a good idea.... Excellent prices!!!

(personally, it's a P3 933Mhz I want to get rid of)...

Do you really think that 1.5Ghz P-M notebook was a waste of money? Is it any good?

<i><font color=red>You never change the existing reality by fighting it. Instead, create a new model that makes the old one obsolete</font color=red> - Buckminster Fuller </i>

Unseen

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
The notebook wasn't really waste of money. Its about 2 or 3 times faster than my desktop for most things and not to mention I can carry it around easily. Main reason I bought was for college program class, easier to carry around my notebok :)

Only thing is got an integrated graphics to save some money. I think prices were way to high to just add seprate graphics card for notebook( like $100 for just a 9100 radeon or something like that). Anyhow, so it not really too good with games. Some games that run on P3 866 with a geforce 4 MX actually doesn't run on my notebook because of the graphics:(

Anyhow, an A64 desktop would be faster than notebook in nearly everything and I can play games on it too. Guess I will just have wait awhile for it, like I said.

TRENDING THREADS