Pinball compendium Book

Anyone bought this book yet?

1982-present

Got a copy today ...

Wowowww ....

It really makes you appreciate the machines from all of the different
companies as it gives a lot of space to the lesser loved games

Just an amazing book ...

Gary

We just got them in today, will be up on the store for shipment tomorrow.
From first look looks pretty good.

www.bayareaamusements.com

<gpctv02@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyone bought this book yet?
>
> 1982-present
>
> Got a copy today ...
>
> Wowowww ....
>
> It really makes you appreciate the machines from all of the different
> companies as it gives a lot of space to the lesser loved games
>
> Just an amazing book ...
>
> Gary

Got mine about a week ago. The whole series is great but it's nice to
finally get one that covers todays pins.

Very, very nice book. Highly recommended. :)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:
> Anyone bought this book yet?
>
> 1982-present
>
> Got a copy today ...
>
> Wowowww ....
>
> It really makes you appreciate the machines from all of the different
> companies as it gives a lot of space to the lesser loved games
>
> Just an amazing book ...
>
> Gary

It makes you want to play the "garbage" titles as much as the "hotter
names"

something about seeing them all in crystal clear color print vs. ebay
junk photos

you know what I mean?

I just wish there was a little bit more behind the scenes stuff from
the management point of view. Like interviews with the people at WMS
who actually made the final decisions on games and pin 2000 etc .....
It's a little bit light on that type of stuff.

It's more from the designer side of things ....

But the book is easily worth $100 or more to a real pin collector

and you can by it for just about 1/2 that ...

great job !!!

gary

I found the behind the scenes stuff very interesting. I like the part
where Brian Eddy is talking about Medieval Madness and that they are
reaching a deadline and the castle may have to be scrapped. Brian then
goes on to tell how George Gomez helped with the design of the
MM/Castle. Little snipets like this are found throughout the book.

Great read!!!!!

from the designer point of view, it was great

but there needs to be an overall history story written

a book like this, really wasn't the place for it though ...

this book is more about the games and the art than the business

gary

Is there any info about the zaccaria games? If so, which ones?

luvthatapex@comcast.net wrote:
> Is there any info about the zaccaria games? If so, which ones?

Yes there is.

P. 27 discusses Pinball Champ and Soccer Kings (with pictures)

p. 37 discusses Time Machine (with picture)

p. 54 discusses Magic Castle (with picture)

p. 68 discusses Robot and Clown (with pictures)

Thats all I saw. Could be more!!!

Hope this helps.