Discounts for buyers remorse?

I've heard that dell customer service will routinely offer customers large
credits to their accounts in order to prevent a customer from returning a
system for buyers remorse? has anyone had any experience with this, and if
so, what kind of results did you get?
2 answers Last reply
More about discounts buyers remorse

    "john" <jimm2076@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I've heard that dell customer service will routinely offer customers large
    >credits to their accounts in order to prevent a customer from returning a
    >system for buyers remorse? has anyone had any experience with this, and if
    >so, what kind of results did you get?

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?category.id=customer_care

    That gets you the customer care forums. The FAQ link there
    should get you to the official statement on getting a credit if
    you find the computer you bought being sold for more than $50
    less than you paid within 21 days. And on the no questions asked
    21-day return policy. There are some catches. e.g., the
    configurations have to be identical, etc. Normally you pay
    freight on the return of a machine, etc.

    You can also browse the forums to see what others are saying.
    --
    OJ III
    [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

    "Respectable" businesses don't do this. They issue an RMA, you return the
    product at your expense, and a refund is issued after the item is received
    and inspected. Run like hell away from a company that offers you a partial
    refund to keep a product since it isn't worth the discounted price.

    "john" <jimm2076@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > I've heard that dell customer service will routinely offer customers large
    > credits to their accounts in order to prevent a customer from returning a
    > system for buyers remorse? has anyone had any experience with this, and
    if
    > so, what kind of results did you get?

Dell Computers