Whats a Decent price for a Firepower machine?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've got my eye on a Firepower machine in the 700-800 dollar range.
Condidtion appears to be good and it seems electronically sound. Just
curious as to whenther or not this price is fair. Also, are there any
re-accuring issues with this pin that I should be aware of (generally
speaking)?

"Bob" wrote:
> I've got my eye on a Firepower machine in the 700-800 dollar range.
> Condidtion appears to be good and it seems electronically sound. Just
> curious as to whenther or not this price is fair. Also, are there any
> re-accuring issues with this pin that I should be aware of (generally
> speaking)?

Decent price or decent game? You'll typically get what you pay for. Decent
price would be $100.

A Firepower game in good/average shape tends to fetch around $700 on the
average, so what you're looking at is definitely in the "ballpark". Add to
that price if you're looking at one in exceptional condition. Deduct from
that price if the one you're looking at is more worn out than average or
needs repair, parts, etc.

No real game-specific problems or issues with this machine, other than
possibly the game ROM configuration on the MPU board which should be
upgraded if it's original. We have more info on this on our website- see:
www.actionpinball.com in the Technical Articles section.

Other than that, just the typical early Williams solid-state potential
issues- here are some common ones that should usually be addressed:
- Cracked solder joints on the circuit board connector pins. These should
all be re-flowed with fresh solder for reliability.
- Power supply upgrade. 5v filter cap should be replaced with new unit for
good health.
- MPU-driver inter-board connections. The 40-pin connectors between MPU and
driver should be inspected/cleaned/replaced depending on current "health" to
add reliability to game and prevent lockup problems.

Great game- good luck!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Williams BGs tend to flake more than other brands, so that's always
something to consider. If yours isn't, than that's something worth a
few dollars more.

- Q