Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Sony
  • CPUs
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
April 17, 2010 1:05:47 AM

Hello,
I installed Win 7 on my sony pcv-rx550 and now the sound does not work. Sony will not help me find the driver and the only audio driver on their site id for XP.

Tom's Hardware > Forum > CPU & Components > CPUs > Can I upgrade this CPU
Can I upgrade this CPU
Forum CPU & Components : CPUs - Can I upgrade this CPU ..Tom's Hardware: Over 1.4 million members in 6 different countries available to answer all your high-tech questions. Sign up now! Its free!
Related contentForum.desktop icons wont open
Advise needed
See all topics related to "upgrading sony pcv-rx550 to win 7" .See all topics related to "" ..Ask the community
Add a reply
.Bottom Search this thread . Word : Username : Filter : .
packemup87 11-08-2006 at 12:38:19 AM .I have an old Sony Vaio PCV-RX550 with a 1.50 GHz Pentium 4 processor (845 Intel Chipset). My son uses the computer and I would like to upgrade the CPU if possible. Could I buy a socket 478 processor to upgrade the computer.

Basically I don't know the current socket type.

Any help would be appreciated.

More about : upgrading sony pcv rx550 win

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 17, 2010 2:17:06 AM

As that model is 8 years old, it's unlilky you will find one.
Another thing is, that model came with 256 meg of RAM with a maximum of 512 meg capable, which is nowhere near enough to run Windows 7 efficiently.
As to cpu upgrade, not worth the trouble even if it were possible to find a faster cpu, chances are that one of that age is soldered in.
Best thing to do is restore it to as it was when you bought it, if you still have the restoration media or a restore partition.
m
l
October 13, 2010 8:33:19 PM

Hi, I'm far from an expert but I have the same computer. There are two slots inside that will take 2x512mb of RAM, hence a gig total. I have the same question about the CPU, I have a few around here that are faster but I don't want to overclock the motherboard. If anyone has any numbers for me, hence the max that they know of for a cpu speed in a sony pcv-rx550, I'd appreciated it, cheers, Johnny.
m
l
!