Sign in with
Your question

Need Help Choosing Monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 13, 2011 8:59:01 AM

hi,

i am stuck on weather to buy a Alienware OptX™ AW2310 or apple Display (27"). I am buying a macbook pro but may also build a computer(with a 6970). Now when i plug my laptop with an old graphics card into my tv via a hdmi cord the picture is very pix elated, is the graphics card which may improve its quality(6970 or the HD6750 in the mac)? also will i be able to see videos in 3d with the macbook pro with the alienware screen?

thanks.

More about : choosing monitor

July 14, 2011 8:19:48 PM

mussie said:
hi,

i am stuck on weather to buy a Alienware OptX™ AW2310 or apple Display (27"). I am buying a macbook pro but may also build a computer(with a 6970). Now when i plug my laptop with an old graphics card into my tv via a hdmi cord the picture is very pix elated, is the graphics card which may improve its quality(6970 or the HD6750 in the mac)? also will i be able to see videos in 3d with the macbook pro with the alienware screen?

thanks.

The Alienware OptX AW2310 uses Nvidia's 3D vision which I believes currently only works with PC's. (have to buy separate Nvidia 3D vision Kit)
Cinema Display lacks connectivity (only 1 Mini DP).
The Apple Cinema Display is not expensive for the type on monitor you get (Dell's U2711 - equivalent monitor is priced $100 more).
The Dell's have more connectivity options available and more robust OSD.

Bottom Line:

1. If you want a big IPS monitor, and plan to buy a mbp and build a PC (w/ 6970) get the Cinema Display. (Best for viewing photos and editing them etc)

2. If you want a monitor compatible with Nvidia 3D for your build PC and good connectivity options get Alienware OptX AW2310. (Best for gaming etc)

Other Suggestions:

1. Cheaper H-IPS monitor 24" Dell U2410 (about $50 more than Alienware)
m
l
!