Freezes reboots and hangs at splash screen

nstzth

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hello,
About week ago my computer started freezing and rebooting and then hangs at bios splash screen (will stay there with nothing happening for hours if u let it) until you reboot it than it comes back fine until it does it again. The only thing I noticed is if the machine is off for a while it takes a lot longer for it to happen, If you restart it it last around 15 -20 mins. Tried all of the below so far no help:
1) Updated all drivers and checked device manger for errors.
2) checked and defragged drive C: drive (ssd)
3) checked both for events and dmp files (nothing ) made sure reporting was on
3) Ran windows mem check froze twice while testing once with both strips and once with only one strip
installed
4) replaced ram
Still doing exactly same thing Please help!!!
OS Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
MOTHERBD Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55A-UD3
PROCESSOR 2.93 gigahertz Intel Core i7 K 875
COOLING DUAL FAN H50 LIQUID CLOSED LOOP
MEMORY 8 gb 4GB SLOT A0 AND 4GB SLOT A2 CORSAIR "VENGEANCE"HX1000W CORSAIR
POWER/SUP CORSAIR HX1000W
DRIVES c: Crucial M4 CT512M4SSD2 2.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD
D: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LP20 ATA
E: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB ATA
F: SEAGATE BARACUDA 3TB
DISPLAY/ADP NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Monitor Samsung SMS23A550H 23"

nstzth

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

the bios hanging is merely a symptom after the problem will try it but the real problem is that it freezes while running and shuts down

nstzth

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
ok Bejusek did as you said it stops rebooting at recognizing what IDE drives are installed if you hit ctrl alt delete it stops same plac8e until you turn of power and than reboot

Bejusek

Distinguished
Then you have a hint what to look for. Its either the ssd or motherboard storage controller failing. Your motherboard has two of them - chipset integrated and Marvell 9128 chip. Connect your drive to GSATA6 or 7 port (grey ones?) and make sure that GSATA contoroller is enabled in BIOS and set to proper mode AHCI/IDE (it's in integrated peripherals). Maybe this will help.

TRENDING THREADS