Sign in with
Your question

Need a driver!

Last response: in Windows 7
April 17, 2010 1:23:53 AM

I am trying to connect my Casio PX800 digital piano to my new Toshiba laptop. I dont know much about computers but from what i have gathered the problem is that the program is meant for a 32bit system and my laptop is 64bit. Is there anything i can do? or should i just wait for casio to update the driver on their website?

More about : driver

a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
April 17, 2010 2:03:30 AM

Looking on their site it looks like you will have to wait. Unfortunatly no time frame mentioned as to when it may be available.
If your laptop is capable of supporting a second hard drive (you may need to contact Toshiba) if it's not in your documentation, then you could install XP on the second hard drive to use with your Casio unit.
If you go this option, you can post again for help on dual booting with XP installl after Windows 7.
m
l
April 17, 2010 3:03:39 PM

Thank you very much!!
m
l
Related resources
April 17, 2010 4:01:22 PM

Jonmor68 said:
Looking on their site it looks like you will have to wait. Unfortunatly no time frame mentioned as to when it may be available.
If your laptop is capable of supporting a second hard drive (you may need to contact Toshiba) if it's not in your documentation, then you could install XP on the second hard drive to use with your Casio unit.
If you go this option, you can post again for help on dual booting with XP installl after Windows 7.

Do you think they will eventually have the driver?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 17, 2010 9:43:52 PM

Have you thought to try the 32bit driver?
m
l
April 18, 2010 8:54:46 PM

Gandalf said:
Have you thought to try the 32bit driver?

Yes I have. No luck
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 18, 2010 9:20:34 PM

Since you have connected the device to your laptop, recommend you check the Device Manager.
Is the device listed in the Device Manager?
Or, is the an "Other" category listed there?
m
l
April 25, 2010 6:05:33 PM

Gandalf said:
Since you have connected the device to your laptop, recommend you check the Device Manager.
Is the device listed in the Device Manager?
Or, is the an "Other" category listed there?

"Other" is listed
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 25, 2010 7:04:15 PM

Delete any device listed under the Other category.
Reboot will force Windows to see the device again (assuming it is still connected) and hopefully correctly identify it and install the driver.

If this does not resolve the Other category, then open the category and let us know what exactly the device is.
m
l
!