Arrggh! Where does he keep getting them?!

Good morning all,

There is an eBay seller, 59redvette is his name, who seems to have an
endless supply of Gottlieb games that I could fill a second house with!
Granted some of them need work, but boy does he get the games. Does he have
a warehouse somewhere? More importantly, why am I 1900 miles away from him?
:-(

Nota bene: I am NOT commenting on his business practice, which I know
nothing about.

Regards,
Dan

I could add that's the rule in pinball collecting - whatever you want
will always be the furthest away, the highest price, or just sold
locally for 2 dollars and a can of beer.

Q, (willing to pay 2$ +can of beer for Spirit, Volcano or EBD 1981....)

I've bought a few pins from him. He's the guy that helped start my
sickness by selling me my first game and showing me his collection.
He's a very nice guy that has a passion for pinball like the rest of
us. JR is right he is a collector, and he upgrades his keepers and
sells the rest. He has a building full, beyond what his house and
garage will hold. He has a lot of hard to find stuff.
Thanks,
Alex

Jim Stahlechker in OH - Super super nice guy. I've bought from him and
he was a pleasure to deal with. We talk pretty frequently - he's
always willing to lend advice. Great guy. Joe

Jim Stahlechker in OH - Super super nice guy. I've bought from him and
he was a pleasure to deal with. We talk pretty frequently - he's
always willing to lend advice. Great guy. Joe

Jim Stahlechker in OH - Super super nice guy. I've bought from him and
he was a pleasure to deal with. We talk pretty frequently - he's
always willing to lend advice. Great guy. Joe

Hi JR,

I hope I didn't leave the wrong impression... My hat's off to the guy.
Anyone who wrestles 250 pound fragile coffee tables for income earns every
dime--I am simply envious of the selection he has!

What, my brother moved from the Midwest to Long Island? He never told me!
No, the fellow you know is no relation of mine. It's pathetic, but I have
not been to New York, ever. Some day though, with the wife, during the
Christmas season...

Cheers!
Dan

I do like Jim's complete descriptions, full disclosure like that can only
come from someone in the hobby.

GRY

"Mike Schudel" <schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I heard its Jim Stehlechker in OH. ;-)
>
> Me too. THREE times by worldpc (at) aol.com and TWICE by you! ;-)))
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

I know Jim very well and I'll tell you how he keeps getting all those
games. It's real simple: He makes deals for a lot of machines in a
certain region of the US or Canada, pays for them, and then gets his
butt in the truck and goes after them all. After your sellers realize
that you're for real and not some flake who's going to jack them
around, they'll call you up first with all their latest finds because
they know you'll buy them for decent money and pay fast. Cycle
perpetuates.
Brian Saunders Pinballs of the Past Lerna, Il.

This is what I've been telling folks for years that
are looking for "deals".

It's part of that "do your homework" thing.

--
Fred
TX

"Brian Saunders" <bsaunders@consolidated.net> wrote

After your sellers realize
> that you're for real and not some flake who's going to jack them
> around, they'll call you up first with all their latest finds because
> they know you'll buy them for decent money and pay fast. Cycle
> perpetuates.

Anybody know heres he is at in Ohio? Or an ebay ID where I can chase
him down? He sound s like just the type of guy I would like to buy from
locally, Thanks!

On 8/24/05 1:41 PM, in article
1124908896.9c8bc3315f1046d176b7811da95ede8c@teranews, "Mike Schudel"
<schudel5@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I heard its Jim Stehlechker in OH. ;-)
>
> Me too. THREE times by worldpc (at) aol.com and TWICE by you! ;-)))

But isn't Jim really from Woodstock, Illinois?

And it's Jim Stahlecker?

Marvin G.
EM Pinball, And Nothing But!
http://mysite.verizon.net/~woodrails

You and Marvin G are correct. Jim is in Woodstock IL. I picked up my
Fast Draw from him a few years ago. The house with the roller coaster
car from Riverview on the front porch.(At least is was at the time I
was there.)

He has his keepers in the garage, and flips everything else. Updates
his keepers as better comes along. His stuff for sale is good, but not
pristine. They are priced accordingly. If you don't mind a little work,
there are bargins to be had.

Dale Smola