Asus VH236H HDMI and SPDIF question.

coryjac0b

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
This might sound like a silly question, but just curious. Well i just purchased An Asus VH236H LCD Monitor, It has a dvi, hdmi and vga for inputs. Well it also has a 3.5mm input and also a SPDIF output, is the SPDIF output the audio from the HDMI or the audio from the 3.5mm input? I can hope its the audio from the HDMI, but im just not sure.

Thanks.

If you have an HDMI out on your PC, the audio and video both will travel through the HDMI cable to from the PC to the monitor meaning you won't need to use the SPDIF or 3.5mm.

Did you run your sound through through separate speakers before getting the new monitor?

zoppp

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
I have the exact same monitor as this guy and I have almost the same question. Here is my situation. I have my Monitor connected to my laptop through HDMI. The monitor has speakers built in and the sound over HDMI is working fine. Just recently I bought some speakers and a receiver. My monitor has a SPDIF out and I connect that to the coaxial digital input of the receiver. So here is how it is. Laptop to Monitor via HDMI then Monitor to Receiver Via SPDIF. The issue I am having is that the sound is not even coming through my receiver. I looked into the Realtek Audio Manager and my default device is HDMI output.

TRENDING THREADS