Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

star trek next gen special roms

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:10:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
anywhere in the world.
Thanks
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:10:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

What do these do differently than a normal next gen release?

-c
August 24, 2005 2:10:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

>What do these do differently than a normal next gen release?

There was a recent thread on this. They contain really terrible sound
bites. Nothing even remotely funny. Probably out takes. The best
suggestion in the whole thread was that they could be put in someones
STTNG as a joke.

Google: "sttng special sound rom chip set"

I better not ever find these in my STTNG!

John
Related resources
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:13:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

PT wrote:
> >What do these do differently than a normal next gen release?
>
> There was a recent thread on this. They contain really terrible sound
> bites. Nothing even remotely funny. Probably out takes. The best
> suggestion in the whole thread was that they could be put in someones
> STTNG as a joke.
>
> Google: "sttng special sound rom chip set"
>
> I better not ever find these in my STTNG!
>
> John

Man, ease up a little will you? It's only a "gag reel" and it doesn't
effect gameplay. If people find them funny and they want it, then so be
it. No sense in acting like it's a bane against humanity or something.

Personally, I find them very amusing.

bob
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:00:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

"PT" <zeecarr1@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
news:1124893863.610017.31150@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> >What do these do differently than a normal next gen release?
>
> There was a recent thread on this. They contain really terrible sound
> bites. Nothing even remotely funny. Probably out takes. The best
> suggestion in the whole thread was that they could be put in someones
> STTNG as a joke.
>

Not outtakes.. i think they are for the cast themselves. For example,
the Worf quotes are as if he is talking to himself. (Worf is played by
Michael Dorn). Same goes for Picard (Patrick steward).
(although i would never talk to myself like that..)

James Cleveland is the name of the real-life son of Bevery Crusher,
(aka Gates mcfadden). In the series, 'Jack Crusher' is the name of
her husband, who died in an unfortunate accident.

Keegan is John de lancie's(Q) real-life son. I think Owen is too but
google turned up nothing and i got bored looking.

I don't get the frakes' reference to Beanie and Cecil, but perhaps
this has something to do with the Thunderbirds / puppet shows in
general ? (Frakes directed Thunderbirds?)

If the actors got a pinball from wms, it would be understandable
that it had these quotes in it. I can understand these not being in the
public. The quotes are ment for personal use by the cast, for wives,
husbands and even children.. what good would these do in an
arcade or someone else's home ?

About wms giving machines away, brent spiner(data) must have not gotten one.
I don't see any quotes by
him in the list. odd.

- Alex
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:26:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Is there a site that states what is contained in the ROMs. Also are these
new sound bites in the game replacing existing speech or do they come on
with special flipper codes or in attract mode????


"astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:uoWdnZ2dnZ0SRyiKnZ2dnX3ikd6dnZ2dRVn-zJ2dnZ0@rogers.com...
> Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
> cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
> anywhere in the world.
> Thanks
>
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:11:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

You can hear all the speech in attract mode by holding one flipper and
tapping the other. Only three things change during game play, you start the
game and hear one of the quotes, when borg multiball starts and picard says
we will never surrender, most of the time he will say right after that
unless you pay us enough. the return lane for the flippers sound is the same
but somehow a higher pitch not annoying just higher. So not the most
exciting home rom but funny to hear some of the quotes during attract there
are plenty of them.

Trin
"Martin Hirsch" <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote in message
news:Ue8Pe.8608$Us5.5405@fed1read02...
> Is there a site that states what is contained in the ROMs. Also are these
> new sound bites in the game replacing existing speech or do they come on
> with special flipper codes or in attract mode????
>
>
> "astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:uoWdnZ2dnZ0SRyiKnZ2dnX3ikd6dnZ2dRVn-zJ2dnZ0@rogers.com...
>> Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
>> cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
>> anywhere in the world.
>> Thanks
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:26:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

So, have you uploaded the images to the IPD yet?

(Or send them to me.)

--
Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
******************


"astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote

> Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
> cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
> anywhere in the world.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 3:03:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?)

There are several changes in the closing statements that you hear once the
game is over.


"Trinity" <trinity@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:0V8Pe.1483$Yh6.1121@fe04.lga...
> You can hear all the speech in attract mode by holding one flipper and
> tapping the other. Only three things change during game play, you start
> the game and hear one of the quotes, when borg multiball starts and picard
> says we will never surrender, most of the time he will say right after
> that unless you pay us enough. the return lane for the flippers sound is
> the same but somehow a higher pitch not annoying just higher. So not the
> most exciting home rom but funny to hear some of the quotes during attract
> there are plenty of them.
>
> Trin
> "Martin Hirsch" <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:Ue8Pe.8608$Us5.5405@fed1read02...
>> Is there a site that states what is contained in the ROMs. Also are these
>> new sound bites in the game replacing existing speech or do they come on
>> with special flipper codes or in attract mode????
>>
>>
>> "astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> news:uoWdnZ2dnZ0SRyiKnZ2dnX3ikd6dnZ2dRVn-zJ2dnZ0@rogers.com...
>>> Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
>>> cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
>>> anywhere in the world.
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!