star trek next gen special roms

Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
anywhere in the world.
Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about star trek special roms

    What do these do differently than a normal next gen release?

    -c

    >What do these do differently than a normal next gen release?

    There was a recent thread on this. They contain really terrible sound
    bites. Nothing even remotely funny. Probably out takes. The best
    suggestion in the whole thread was that they could be put in someones
    STTNG as a joke.

    Google: "sttng special sound rom chip set"

    I better not ever find these in my STTNG!

    John

    PT wrote:
    > >What do these do differently than a normal next gen release?
    >
    > There was a recent thread on this. They contain really terrible sound
    > bites. Nothing even remotely funny. Probably out takes. The best
    > suggestion in the whole thread was that they could be put in someones
    > STTNG as a joke.
    >
    > Google: "sttng special sound rom chip set"
    >
    > I better not ever find these in my STTNG!
    >
    > John

    Man, ease up a little will you? It's only a "gag reel" and it doesn't
    effect gameplay. If people find them funny and they want it, then so be
    it. No sense in acting like it's a bane against humanity or something.

    Personally, I find them very amusing.

    bob

    "PT" <zeecarr1@earthlink.net> schreef in bericht
    > >What do these do differently than a normal next gen release?
    >
    > There was a recent thread on this. They contain really terrible sound
    > bites. Nothing even remotely funny. Probably out takes. The best
    > suggestion in the whole thread was that they could be put in someones
    > STTNG as a joke.

    Not outtakes.. i think they are for the cast themselves. For example,
    the Worf quotes are as if he is talking to himself. (Worf is played by
    Michael Dorn). Same goes for Picard (Patrick steward).
    (although i would never talk to myself like that..)

    James Cleveland is the name of the real-life son of Bevery Crusher,
    (aka Gates mcfadden). In the series, 'Jack Crusher' is the name of
    her husband, who died in an unfortunate accident.

    Keegan is John de lancie's(Q) real-life son. I think Owen is too but
    google turned up nothing and i got bored looking.

    I don't get the frakes' reference to Beanie and Cecil, but perhaps
    this has something to do with the Thunderbirds / puppet shows in
    general ? (Frakes directed Thunderbirds?)

    If the actors got a pinball from wms, it would be understandable
    that it had these quotes in it. I can understand these not being in the
    public. The quotes are ment for personal use by the cast, for wives,
    husbands and even children.. what good would these do in an
    arcade or someone else's home ?

    About wms giving machines away, brent spiner(data) must have not gotten one.
    I don't see any quotes by
    him in the list. odd.

    - Alex

    Is there a site that states what is contained in the ROMs. Also are these
    new sound bites in the game replacing existing speech or do they come on
    with special flipper codes or in attract mode????

    "astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
    > cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
    > anywhere in the world.
    > Thanks

    You can hear all the speech in attract mode by holding one flipper and
    tapping the other. Only three things change during game play, you start the
    game and hear one of the quotes, when borg multiball starts and picard says
    we will never surrender, most of the time he will say right after that
    unless you pay us enough. the return lane for the flippers sound is the same
    but somehow a higher pitch not annoying just higher. So not the most
    exciting home rom but funny to hear some of the quotes during attract there
    are plenty of them.

    Trin
    "Martin Hirsch" <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a site that states what is contained in the ROMs. Also are these
    > new sound bites in the game replacing existing speech or do they come on
    > with special flipper codes or in attract mode????
    >

    > "astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
    >> cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
    >> anywhere in the world.
    >> Thanks

    So, have you uploaded the images to the IPD yet?

    (Or send them to me.)

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote

    > Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
    > cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
    > anywhere in the world.

    There are several changes in the closing statements that you hear once the
    game is over.

    "Trinity" <trinity@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > You can hear all the speech in attract mode by holding one flipper and
    > tapping the other. Only three things change during game play, you start
    > the game and hear one of the quotes, when borg multiball starts and picard
    > says we will never surrender, most of the time he will say right after
    > that unless you pay us enough. the return lane for the flippers sound is
    > the same but somehow a higher pitch not annoying just higher. So not the
    > most exciting home rom but funny to hear some of the quotes during attract
    > there are plenty of them.
    >
    > Trin
    > "Martin Hirsch" <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> Is there a site that states what is contained in the ROMs. Also are these
    >> new sound bites in the game replacing existing speech or do they come on
    >> with special flipper codes or in attract mode????
    >>

    >> "astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi i bought a machine that had the special speech roms , it also has the
    >>> cpu chip , I know these are very rare , 7 chips set for $49 shipped
    >>> anywhere in the world.
    >>> Thanks

Next Generation Games Video Games