Comet left Kicker

Ok, my comet is giving me fits.. replaced both of the transistors on
the circuit.. grounding the coil lug makes it fire, grounding the
wiring off the pin in the backbox makes it fire..

The SWITCH does NOT register in the test mode.. Whats the best process
of elimination for trouble shooting the switch and it's circuitry? I
shorted the lugs on the switch, and it didn't help, so I think the
problem is elsewhere...

There are no fuses on the switch, are there? that would seem unlikely
to me.

Thanks in advance!

My guess based on what you said has been done is that the driver
transistors and coil are probably fine and it's either the switch
itself, the wiring, or the connector on the board.

If you haven't done so yet, try grounding the transistor to see if the
coil fires.

Assuming it does, put the game in switch test mode. Remove the
connector for the switch from the CPU. Find which row/column pins that
switch should go to and use a jumper wire between those specific pins
to see if it registers.

If so, your CPU is fine and the problem is in the wiring or the switch
itself. Turn the game off and do a continuity check with the
connectors still unplugged.

If the switch doesn't register when you jumper the pins on the CPU,
then the problem is probably on your CPU somewhere. Check the solder
joints on the connector pins (try jiggling them to see if it
registers). Beyond that you have to consult your schematics to see
where the switch goes.

As far as I know there are no fuses on this switch.

Good luck with it!

Mike

You're talking about the kicker for the Cycle jump?

Mike Messersmith wrote:
> My guess based on what you said has been done is that the driver
> transistors and coil are probably fine and it's either the switch
> itself, the wiring, or the connector on the board.
>
> If you haven't done so yet, try grounding the transistor to see if the
> coil fires.
>
> Assuming it does, put the game in switch test mode. Remove the
> connector for the switch from the CPU. Find which row/column pins that
> switch should go to and use a jumper wire between those specific pins
> to see if it registers.
>
> If so, your CPU is fine and the problem is in the wiring or the switch
> itself. Turn the game off and do a continuity check with the
> connectors still unplugged.
>
> If the switch doesn't register when you jumper the pins on the CPU,
> then the problem is probably on your CPU somewhere. Check the solder
> joints on the connector pins (try jiggling them to see if it
> registers). Beyond that you have to consult your schematics to see
> where the switch goes.
>
> As far as I know there are no fuses on this switch.
>
> Good luck with it!
>
> Mike

I think he's talking about the left slingshot. I believe the cycle
jump exit is a saucer.

Mike