Audio goes out in bf3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
hi guys.
i got this problem not so long ago and basically what happens is that i'm in the middle of a game one i hear a big boom coming out of my speakers and then i stop hearing he game. also, there's something i really don't understand: in the end of a match, in the "award ceremony" the sound goes on again but the a new round begins, the sound go off again. 2 more things:
1. i can hear voice acting (the sound in the multiplayer where someone is asking for ammo and all that)
2. when i minimize and click on equalizer i see that bf3 is all the way up in terms of how noise it puts out, not by how loud i set it up.
yes, i have tried to reconnect my speakers and it does nothing. so basically, all i can do is re-connect to the server and hope it won't happen again.
i asked this question in the video game forum already but got no response. please help! :(
thanks!

jakeythehobo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
When you come out of the game, then go back in, is the sound normal again? As in, is the boom the noise from the speakers themselves or the audio?

Have you got any other speakers to try? Or earphones?

jakeythehobo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Mobo?

Using on board audio?

Have you tried another point where you can put the speakers in to?

Have you checked that the wiring is okay to the jack socket?

Have you tried changing the sound settings? (e.g. 16 bit 48KHz, 24 bit 192KHz)
Or changing them in the game, in the bit that says what kind of speakers you're using etc.

Do you have this problem in SP & MP or just MP? (I know you said the specific point it happens, but just seeing if it happens anywhere else either)

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
ok i tried to change jacks and everything, i have the ga-880gm-d2h onboard audio,
the wiring is ok, and as for SP, as you might understand why, u rarely play the campaign so i don't really know. changing the sound settings is something i don't know how to do so i'll have to ask you to explain. i'm not sure what's the speakers name since it's not showing, but sometimes i stop hearing at only one speaker if it says anything to you.

jakeythehobo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Right click on the speaker symbol on the bottom right of the screen (next to the clock), press playback devices, right click on your speakers in the menu, press properties, go to the advanced tab.

In my experience, if it's set too high, it can cause dodgy audio.

I also found another problem with RealTek audio drivers in case this may help:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Battlefield_3#Realtek_Audio_Bug

"Realtek Audio Bug • Link here
1. Right Click on the Speaker icon in the taskbar.
2. Select Playback devices.
3. Right click "Speakers" and select properties.
4. Advanced tab (far right)
5. Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device".

(the link is to the full page, but that's the part that may actually be useful).

I also found:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/317150-10-battlefield-sound-randomly-fails-resolved-yeah

"Found the FIX for this... (assuming that you use ORIGIN to launch BF3)
Leave BF3 running and Alt + Tab out,,, go to windows speaker icon in lower right hand corner of task bar... Click on it and click on Equalizer and it will pop up on the screen. NOTE: that the volume is up on everything EXCEPT ORGIN.... Slide Volume UP on ORIGIN to about 25%.... Go back into game and test... After this adjustment it slipped back to ZERO about 4 times before it finally STUCK at about 25% volume.... but it did finally stick. Then I went into the Game Volume and adjusted accordingly...."

jakeythehobo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I've also found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1me5OKaYfQ

Sorry to hear about that. I fixed all my server disconnect problems, sound issues, and "bf3.exe stopped working" issues with this fix. First, from Origin, go to >settings>general...then check the box that says "Update to the pre-release version if available." Then restart origin, which will install an update to BF3 and Origin. Last, right click BF3 in Origin and hit "repair install." When I did this a second time, it installed a 48mb patch. Since then, no problems at all.

Beyond that, I'm fresh outta ideas... so if none of them work, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.