Removing Williams Stickers to BTC Cabinet

I am getting a BTC cabinet for MM. Has anyone come up with a good way
to remove things like the Williams serial number, date manufactured and
other original stickers from the old cab to put into the new?

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Why???

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
======================

math08 wrote:
> I am getting a BTC cabinet for MM. Has anyone come up with a good way
> to remove things like the Williams serial number, date manufactured and
> other original stickers from the old cab to put into the new?

Use freeze spray; works like a charm on the plastic film-based decals,
like the large square one on the inside of the right cabinet side, the
small rectangular serial number tags on the cabinet front, etc. It
doesn't work very well on paper-based decals, like the "watch out for
pinched wires" one on the top of the back box. I simply re-created
that one in CorelDRAW and print out new copies when I repaint a back
box.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Because that's what we "anal" guys do. :)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Fred Kemper wrote:
> Why???
>
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
> ======================
>
> math08 wrote:
> > I am getting a BTC cabinet for MM. Has anyone come up with a good way
> > to remove things like the Williams serial number, date manufactured and
> > other original stickers from the old cab to put into the new?

Scott

But that would not be correct. That cabinet and backbox is NOT that
serial number nor was it made on that date. That would be
misrepresenting the BB/Cab as being something its not.

Essentially that only thing that belongs to that Serial Number and
Build Date is the Playfield, Translite and PCBs.

The cabinet it brand, spankin new. While I'm sure its a good product,
its not made at or with the materials used at the WMS plant.

Not a big deal to me BUT to some people it could be a very big deal.

This is similar to people repainting cabs/bbs or re-applying new
decals, yet to a whole different level.

We're going into new territory here - should make for some interesting
discussions.

Later

It wouldn't bother me one bit to transfer the stickers to the new cab.
My goal would be to make the game look as original as possible.

Now if I were going to sell it, I'd make sure the buyer new it was a
new cab. Just like if I redecal a cab, I let the buyer know.

Nothing to lose sleep over, as far as I'm concerned.

scott@farrar.com wrote:
> But that would not be correct. That cabinet and backbox is NOT that
> serial number nor was it made on that date. That would be
> misrepresenting the BB/Cab as being something its not.
>
> Essentially that only thing that belongs to that Serial Number and
> Build Date is the Playfield, Translite and PCBs.
>
> The cabinet it brand, spankin new. While I'm sure its a good product,
> its not made at or with the materials used at the WMS plant.
>
> Not a big deal to me BUT to some people it could be a very big deal.
>
> This is similar to people repainting cabs/bbs or re-applying new
> decals, yet to a whole different level.
>
> We're going into new territory here - should make for some interesting
> discussions.
>
> Later

>I thought I should keep the serial number and build date on the machine.

Try Goo Gone or hair dryer to remove the old stickers and then use 3M 467MP
to reapply. The only concern I would have is if the Goo Gone would react
with the inks on the tags and cause them to erradicate. Test first with the
tag on top of the backbox.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Then you need to add a new build date... :p

--
Fred
TX

"math08" <mathisen08@msn.com> wrote in message news:Rb3Pe.24$A1.2850@news.uswest.net...
> I thought I should keep the serial number and build date on the machine.

Bryan, My exact reason for doing what I am doing. I want the cabinet
to look as original as possible, but intend to fully disclose that this
is in fact a fine cabinet from BTC if and when I sell years down the
road. I wouldn't be doing this at all except I have mold on the
underside of the original cabinet, and for health reasons my wife told
me its the game or me out of the house.

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:50:07 GMT, math08 <mathisen08@msn.com> wrote:

[...]
> I wouldn't be doing this at all except I have mold on the
>underside of the original cabinet, and for health reasons my wife told
>me its the game or me out of the house.

So if your wife kicks you out she gets to keep the moldy game?

Quite welcome; good luck. And as someone else suggested, use 3M 467MP to
re-attach the stickers.

Tony