BH sounds

When you hit a drop target up top, what sound/speech do you hear?

When the ball goes down the ramp to the lower level?

I get sick slurred sounds, hard to describe, but they sound warped.

Thanks, Q

Hi Q,

your sounds may NOT be far from normal. If you want, email me privately,
and maybe we can transmit BH sounds through our cell phones--I'll pull the
playfield glass off and hit the drops, and drop the ball down below. It
would be difficult to describe the sounds.

Regards,
Dan

Some (many?) BH "events" do not have a specific sound associated with
them; but instead cause a "random" sound (among of set of maybe 4-8
sounds) to be generated. I don't have my BH here with my at work, so I
can't immediately check if a drop target is one of the events that
generate a randomly selected sound or not...

However, I'm fairly certain that the so-called 10-point switches
(kicking rubbers, and the switches where slingshots typically are, as
well as the switches behind the drop targets) create randomly selected
sounds.

Install virtualpinball/pinmame, get the BH roms and VP data (no small
task), and play it--the emulated sounds are pretty decent.

df

qfrost wrote:
> When you hit a drop target up top, what sound/speech do you hear?
>
> When the ball goes down the ramp to the lower level?
>
> I get sick slurred sounds, hard to describe, but they sound warped.
>
> Thanks, Q

when the ball goes down to the lower playfield, it is the same sound
that QBert makes from the video game when he falls off the cube.
Classic Gottlieb robotic, low-pitched, crying out sound.

Then mine are definately off - I have the vp version, and both sounds
are far more clean and less "muddy". I'm not pushing the pots up high
enough to distort them, and speech and the other sounds are clear.
Come to think of it, all the other sounds are good (albeit, hard to
hear no matter if audio is cranked or not).

I'll do the sound check on the board. I'll replace the large caps in
the body. And then probably the caps on the board itself, C31-C37,
according to the repair guides.

Thanks Dan, but my cell phone is just a simple thing, I wouldn't even
know whether it has that ability or not.