Centaur: a long strange trip

henri

played a C2 a few years back and loved it.

looked and looked and looked, finally got a semi-beat C2 and then a nice
Centaur.

sold the C2, left the Centaur in the garage for a year

had time and space, so i totally fixed up the Centaur (with help from
pinballben!). NOS drop targets (orbs and 1234, queen's chamber were fine),
90% mylard pf with little wear, nice cab, bg had a few scratches.

rebuilt the pop bumpers, flippers, slings etc etc. plays super fast with
great flipper control.

played it for a while (few months) on and off (it sat next to TSPP and
Farfalla) then just last week it finally "clicked" and i understood the
game! you go for a 3+ multiball early on to get the bonus up there, then
keep 2 balls going while you drop the 1234 and try and collect 5x bonus.
totally addicting!

i had the pin set to: 3 balls, no extra balls, lit orbs stay between
balls, outlanes can be re-lit during the same ball.

then of course, a local guy was looking for a centaur, i quit my job to
spend more time on school stuff, and the wife hates the backglass art (at
one point she just asked if i could leave the backglass off).

so i sold it yesterday :(

woke up this morning and i really miss the pin! first time that's happened
(and since i have a 3pin limit at home and until Farfalla and TSPP i
hadn't come across any keepers i've cycled through a bunch of pins - SS,
EM and DMD)

my advice:

#1 - Centaur ROCKS

#2 - upgrade the speakers: i had put in 2 3" speakers under the head
behind the grill (someone posted a similar thing a few days ago) and a 10"
sub in the cab. sub is neat, but the 3" speakers make the whole difference
when you have someone playing TSPP right next to you in a small room.

#3 - make sure it's playing fast

#4 - don't ever sell it

henri

- now looking for a Bell Fantasy (that art is ok with the wife, she just
didn't like the 1/2 man 1/2 bike dude, plus it would complement the
Farfalla pr0n backglass)

Yup, that was a nice Centaur indeed, funny how you don't really know which
pins you'll miss. If I come across one I'll give you a heads up.

GRY