July 16, 2011 1:00:50 AM

i want to purchase a monitor to utilize my graphic performance

my config is
processor amd phenom II x4 970
motherboard msi 890gxm g65
graphic card msi r6850 cyclone 1gd5 powe edition oc
smps coolermaster rs-750-acaae3-uk
ram kingston ddr3 2x(2gb)
i am confused b/w led monitor ,tv monitor,3d monitor my budget is $300 can you advise me
a b 4 Gaming
a c 108 C Monitor
July 16, 2011 12:58:54 PM

you're probably looking to get a 1920x1080 (1080p) monitor

3d-ready means that it boasts a higher refresh rate then normal (and a higher price tag normally). if you dont want a three dimensional effect (trust me, its not very good) dont bother with requiring it.

lcd/led confuses alot of people. both are actually lcd panels. the ones labeled lcd are backlit by a ccfl. the ones labeled as led are backlit by leds around the edge. cheaper screens using leds can make the image shift into a blue hue but other than that they are about the same. you can adjust out the hue as well.

at that price range i'd suggest going with a computer monitor instead of a television. you will get higher quality since a monitor doesnt require a tuner and all the extra features which cost money.

there are a few different types of lcd panels. TN, VA, e-IPS, IPS in order of cheapest to most expensive, and from worst color accuracy to best (generally speaking). TN panels are typically only good to view from a very direct angle before they start to "grey out" or "color warp" on you. laptop screens are normally TN.

personally i prefer higher budget IPS screens for the best picture but you could make do on a VA or e-IPS just fine. TN panels can be okay as well but i don't like the bad viewing angles on them.
m
l
July 16, 2011 1:29:48 PM

is there any choice in company for monitors ?
m
l
Related resources
July 16, 2011 1:31:01 PM

like good brands .. and will an ips panel comes in my budget ?
m
l
July 16, 2011 1:34:07 PM

is Samsung P2370HD a good monitor ? my shop keeper was talking about this monitor
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 108 C Monitor
July 16, 2011 4:54:25 PM

i've always liked viewsonic monitors and that is the brand i normally go with but some people swear by other brands. just find a few monitors with the options you like and read a few reviews to help you decide.

ips might be hard to get in your budget unless you go with a smaller monitor (20, 22") and nto something larger. e-ips isn't quite as good but still a good panel.
m
l
July 16, 2011 6:03:40 PM

is dell U2311H a good monitor ? it comes with IPS panel
m
l
July 16, 2011 9:27:27 PM

I believe the U2311H is an e-IPS, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've read some good things about it, I'm thinking of picking it up if I can't cough up enough for a U2410.
m
l
July 17, 2011 8:22:31 AM

Sorry on budding in on you thread. How do you know which type, IPS TN or whatever, when you are buying one. I am in the a similar position than he is. Not sure which type to get. I mostly plan to do gaming. My graphics card is somewhat better not that it really matters. Will just make things run smoother.
m
l
July 17, 2011 6:49:42 PM

kylejs said:
Sorry on budding in on you thread. How do you know which type, IPS TN or whatever, when you are buying one. I am in the a similar position than he is. Not sure which type to get. I mostly plan to do gaming. My graphics card is somewhat better not that it really matters. Will just make things run smoother.

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

check this link
m
l
July 17, 2011 6:51:31 PM

theholychicken said:
I believe the U2311H is an e-IPS, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've read some good things about it, I'm thinking of picking it up if I can't cough up enough for a U2410.

how about

http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/ML239H/
m
l
!