Problem with computers 3.5 mm audio jacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

reathan

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Hey guys. I'm currently using a high end home built PC. Specs at the moment are as follows

HAF 932 Case
Sabertooth Z77 mobo
Intel 3750K i-5 Processor
16 GB 1833 DDR3 Ram
nVidia Geforce 8800 GTS

The problem that I have is that when I use the mobo's iGPU through an HDMI cable, the audio works fine. However, when I switch over to a DVI cable plugged into the graphics card and an audio cable plugged into the mobo's 3.5 mm audio jack in the back, the audio does not work. I've looked for driver updates, checked that all my cables were plugged in correctly, and checked the cables themselves several times. I can't find the answer. The computer won't even recognize that there is an audio cable running from the jack to my monitor! The only thing I see from my sound panel is the following. The Digital Audio - High Definition Audio Device which is what I usually run the HDMI sound out of, and the 3.5 mm jack labeled as Speakers - High Definition Audio Device which has beneath that it is not plugged in. Any help here would be appreciated. I just want to play my FPS with sound AND graphics instead of the iGPU... Thanks guys. ._. (the graphics card is a hold over for now anyways as a side note... Looking at getting a GTX 600 series soon but I would like to get this fixed before then.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS