Using a SCSI Zip drive on Dimension 8100

Last response: in Computer Brands
June 17, 2004 8:16:11 AM

I inherited a SCSi 100MB Zip drive and would like to use it on my Dell
Dimension 8100. Can anyone recommend a modestly priced adapter.
Thanks
Chuck
ka6uup@pacbell.net
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 8:25:51 AM

As I recall, the Iomega SCSI ZIP has a 25-pin cable. One of the low-numbered
Adaptec 2900 series PCI cards ought to do it. I'm fairly sure that the 2905 and
2906 have a 25-pin external connector... Ben Myers

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:16:11 GMT, ka6uup <ka6uup@pacbell.net> wrote:

>I inherited a SCSi 100MB Zip drive and would like to use it on my Dell
>Dimension 8100. Can anyone recommend a modestly priced adapter.
>Thanks
>Chuck
>ka6uup@pacbell.net
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 2:23:13 PM

"ka6uup" <ka6uup@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I inherited a SCSi 100MB Zip drive and would like to use it on my Dell
> Dimension 8100. Can anyone recommend a modestly priced adapter.
> Thanks
> Chuck

Adaptec
AVA-2906 KIT

moncho
September 3, 2008 10:45:07 AM

I had one of those but it should of had a scsi to paralel cable as well. but there are diffrent modles. of those.
!