Buyer Beware! Don't choose a DELL!

Last response: in Computer Brands
June 17, 2004 1:52:06 AM

Here's my experience.

The first week of April 2004, I am considering ordering a Dell
Dimension 8300. I tell the sales rep on the phone that I am undecided,
will look at other systems first before making a decision. The sales
rep tells me " If you order now, I will upgrade your CRT monitor to a
flat screen CRT for no extra cost." I agree and she takes my order.

When I recieved the Dell from UPS, I open the box and discover that I
got the cheaper monitor that I did not want, and the computer case is
scratched up, looking much like a refurbished computer (the box was
not damaged at all, however it was not packed well). I call to
complain, and after being on hold for close to an hour, the customer
service person tells me that I did not pay for the more expensive
monitor and will have to accept the one I recieved. He tells me that
they can replace the computer, but I will have to wait 2 weeks, have
to return the monitor as well, and I'm still stuck with the cheaper
model. His english was so terrible I could barely understand him, so I
ask to speak to another rep. The next rep's english was just as poor
and I got the same response. I told them that I was UNDECIDED about
accepting another computer, and was contimplating sending this one
back for a full refund. I left it at that.

The next day, I tried out the computer and it froze when I attempted
to watch a DVD. It happended several times, so I called their service
tech. I was on hold for OVER an hour, so I waited to call back the
following day. This time I got through in 20 minutes and got another
person that could barely speak English. I explain
what was going on, could barely understand his response, and I ask for
someone you was more proficient with the English language. He jokes
that all calls to customer service and the Dell tech department are
now channelled to New Dehli, India, and that I would have to deal with
it.
At that point, my mind was made up to send back the Dell. I call Dell
again, inform them that I no longer want the computer, and that I want
a full refund. I explain the whole story again to another
hard-to-understand Cust.Serv. rep, and now they decide to offer me the
better monitor that I was originally expecting. I tell them that I'm
no longer interested, and I want to return the computor.
We set up the return, I repackaged the system and waited for UPS.
UPS shows up with another computer! I refuse it and ask the driver to
take the one I have. The driver tells me that UPS is very frustrated
with Dell because of these kind of problems, and takes my computer
with him, and gives me a reciept.

A week later, I check with Dell again and ask how long it will take to
get the refund. To add to my stress, another rep tells me that
"Someone else signed for your replacement computer, our records show
that you accepted it," and that they do not owe me a refund. I'm livid
at this point, and they tell me I have to wait a few days for them to
research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
everytime I call, I am on hold forever).

My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the attorney
general, and BBB.
I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This time
they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the refusal
correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your request
for a refund."
It is now almost July, and I still have not recieved a refund, and all
I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 5:31:37 AM

"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Here's my experience.
>

> A week later, I check with Dell again and ask how long it will take to
> get the refund. To add to my stress, another rep tells me that
> "Someone else signed for your replacement computer, our records show
> that you accepted it," and that they do not owe me a refund. I'm livid
> at this point, and they tell me I have to wait a few days for them to
> research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
> everytime I call, I am on hold forever).
>
> My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
> will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the attorney
> general, and BBB.
> I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This time
> they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the refusal
> correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your request
> for a refund."
> It is now almost July, and I still have not recieved a refund, and all
> I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
> Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.

Sounds like the UPS guy may have a scam going on the side. You refused the
delivery so he has one of his buddies sign for it and then they sell it or
keep it.

As already noted call you CC company.

Next time you buy from any PC manufacture have them fax or email you a quote
for you verification prior to providing you payment info.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

Immediately contact your CC company to dispute the charges.
Hopefully you already have.

I would doubt the comments made by UPS are an official comment by UPS
so they should be suspect at best.
Most companies are careful about such statements and employees that
make such statements often find themselves unemployed for representing
company policy/opinion.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

> [...]
> research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
> everytime I call, I am on hold forever).
>
> My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
> will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the
attorney
> general, and BBB.
> I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This
time
> they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the
refusal
> correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your
request
> for a refund."
> It is now almost July, and I still have not recieved a refund, and
all
> I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
> Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.
June 17, 2004 9:11:05 AM

> [...]
> that you accepted it," and that they do not owe me a refund. I'm livid
> at this point, and they tell me I have to wait a few days for them to
> research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
> everytime I call, I am on hold forever).
>
> My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
> will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the attorney
> general, and BBB.
> I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This time
> they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the refusal
> correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your request
> for a refund."
> It is now almost July, and I still have not recieved a refund, and all
> I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
> Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.

when I ordered my Dell (M60) I first configured a system on their web. Then
I faxed them my requirements, they faxed back a quote against which I then
faxed them an order again outlining MY requirements and their quote
reference. In the mean time I also spoke with a sales rep just to confirm
this was acceptable and to obtain a direct link with someone. While I know
this sounds over the top at least everything is in then writing.........

eric
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 9:11:06 AM

"Eric Shune" <dj@124btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> when I ordered my Dell (M60) I first configured a system on their web.
Then
> I faxed them my requirements, they faxed back a quote against which I then
> faxed them an order again outlining MY requirements and their quote
> reference. In the mean time I also spoke with a sales rep just to confirm
> this was acceptable and to obtain a direct link with someone. While I know
> this sounds over the top at least everything is in then writing.........

I do the same thing via email. I email the sales rep I've been using for
quite a while a PDF copy of the system configured on the web. I then get an
email back with a quote which I verify and then email back payment info and
customer number if one exists. Works like a charm.

I've been doing this for over 5 years. Every so often the sale rep I've been
using moves on but I have always received an email directing me to their
replacement.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"
A: "Hey ya'all watch this!!"
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 12:06:10 PM

"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Here's my experience.
>
> The first week of April 2004, I am considering ordering a Dell
> Dimension 8300. I tell the sales rep on the phone that I am undecided,
> will look at other systems first before making a decision. The sales
> rep tells me " If you order now, I will upgrade your CRT monitor to a
> flat screen CRT for no extra cost." I agree and she takes my order.
>
> When I recieved the Dell from UPS, I open the box and discover that I
> got the cheaper monitor that I did not want, and the computer case is
> scratched up, looking much like a refurbished computer (the box was
> not damaged at all, however it was not packed well).

You were lucky they used UPS. My last order from Dell, and it will be my
last order because of the run around I got from the Indians, they sent $200
worth of equipment on some off brand shipper, who left the box on a chair by
my front door. About a week before that a city cop had had his bicycle
stolen about 20 feet from that spot. If I spend the money for first class
equipment, why would I want second class shipping and service?

Dennis
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 2:26:56 PM

Hi Jim,
In the age of low computer prices tech support and customer service is not
what it use to be.I purchase an XPS box in April 2004 from the outlet store.
The packing were not that great, the carton had a few pieces of flimsy
foam. The computer was not damaged in shipping. I noticed the difference
over the years in docs, packing, etc. I would continue the process with Dell
to get yourself another computer and monitor, you are satisfied with.
If you need advice on products this is the place to come.
Good Luck,
Carolyn

> [...]
> that you accepted it," and that they do not owe me a refund. I'm livid
> at this point, and they tell me I have to wait a few days for them to
> research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
> everytime I call, I am on hold forever).
>
> My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
> will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the attorney
> general, and BBB.
> I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This time
> they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the refusal
> correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your request
> for a refund."
> It is now almost July, and I still have not recieved a refund, and all
> I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
> Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.
June 17, 2004 2:37:45 PM

> [...]

> that you accepted it," and that they do not owe me a refund. I'm livid
> at this point, and they tell me I have to wait a few days for them to
> research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
> everytime I call, I am on hold forever).
>
> My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
> will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the attorney
> general, and BBB.
> I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This time
> they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the refusal
> correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your request
> for a refund."
> It is now almost July, and I still have not received a refund, and all
> I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
> Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.
June 17, 2004 2:38:07 PM

> [...]

> that you accepted it," and that they do not owe me a refund. I'm livid
> at this point, and they tell me I have to wait a few days for them to
> research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
> everytime I call, I am on hold forever).
>
> My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
> will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the attorney
> general, and BBB.
> I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This time
> they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the refusal
> correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your request
> for a refund."
> It is now almost July, and I still have not received a refund, and all
> I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
> Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.
June 17, 2004 2:39:54 PM

Sorry for the three posts.

"Carolyn Taliaferro" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> > that you accepted it," and that they do not owe me a refund. I'm livid
> > at this point, and they tell me I have to wait a few days for them to
> > research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
> > everytime I call, I am on hold forever).
> >
> > My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
> > will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the attorney
> > general, and BBB.
> > I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This time
> > they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the refusal
> > correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your request
> > for a refund."
> > It is now almost July, and I still have not received a refund, and all
> > I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
> > Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.

June 17, 2004 5:12:04 PM

Thanks for your support on this. I'm reading some good suggestions
about getting a signed invoice first, before making the actual
purchase.
Dell is using high pressure tactics to make a quick sale, and I was
too trusting. I don't think I'll ever make a purchase like this on
line again,
but if I do, I'll take your advice!

Regarding the email, I emailed the sales rep back immediatly, once I
discovered
the two problems. She did not email me back.....Dehna Mikals is the
name she used (another employee informed me that most Dell people
don't use their real names). I then got her voice mail, and left a
detailed message....no return call. I gave up with her.

UPS comments:
I think the UPS driver felt comfortable enough with me to share his
recent experiences concerning Dell. He has been the only driver in
this little town for a long time, and we cross paths once in a while.
According to him, he hears similar complaints from other local
customers and witnesses this kind of bad business from Dell first
hand. Just to clarify, Dell did admit on a later date that they made a
mistake about someone accepting the replacement computer on my behalf.
Before that, however, one Dell CSR really put me on edge for a week
saying that someone else signed to accept the delivery. Even knowing
this, Dell would not contact me, and that I was the one who had to
continue the pursuit to get a straight answer. I don't think it has
happened yet!
Not once in writing, have they made any apology.

After I re-read my original post from yesterday, I may have come
accross as being prejudice against non-English speaking people. I am
not, but the point I'm trying to make is that Dell is being deceitful.
In my case, Dell is using the language barrier to their advangtage,
while finger pointing at their own employees, accusing each other of
having "poor training". I am convinced that they do this by design.

Main Point: I sent the computer back, and they recieved and signed for
it on May 2nd.
Here it is June 17th, and they have not issued me a refund, while
continuing to make excusses, blaming other employees. This garbage
really takes its toll on my nerves, and I hope I can prevent someone
from having to experience this.
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 6:27:44 PM

Robert R Kircher, Jr. <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like the UPS guy may have a scam going on the side. You refused the
> delivery so he has one of his buddies sign for it and then they sell it or
> keep it.

Uh, yeah! Then the driver can use his utility knife to chase off the
internal auditors.

> As already noted call you CC company.

Definitely. Turn five hours on the phone into a relatively painless charge
back.

> Next time you buy from any PC manufacture have them fax or email you a quote
> for you verification prior to providing you payment info.

Couldn't agree more.
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 9:02:34 PM

The organic entity known as Carolyn Taliaferro communicated the
following:

> Sorry for the three posts.

Ever heard of cancelling?

[80 lines snipped]

And ofcourse it was relevant to include the whole conversation in your
excuse?

:(
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 9:02:35 PM

LaVacheQuiRit wrote:

> The organic entity known as Carolyn Taliaferro communicated the
> following:
>
> > Sorry for the three posts.
>
> Ever heard of cancelling?

In Carolyn's defense, not all NSPs/Newsreaders allow cancellations.

Notan
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 9:02:35 PM

LaVacheQuiRit <i.dont.want.spam@xs4all.invalid> wrote:

>The organic entity known as Carolyn Taliaferro communicated the
>following:

>> Sorry for the three posts.

>Ever heard of cancelling?
>
>[80 lines snipped]
>
>And ofcourse it was relevant to include the whole conversation in your
>excuse?
>
>:(

And you are an exceptionally snide, verging on rude, twit.
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

"LaVacheQuiRit" <i.dont.want.spam@xs4all.invalid> wrote in message
> The organic entity known as Carolyn Taliaferro communicated the
> following:
>
>> Sorry for the three posts.
>
> Ever heard of cancelling?
>
> [80 lines snipped]
>
> And ofcourse it was relevant to include the whole conversation in your
> excuse?
>
> :(

Thank you, captain obvious.
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 9:26:18 PM

The organic entity known as Notan communicated the following:

> LaVacheQuiRit wrote:
>>
>> The organic entity known as Carolyn Taliaferro communicated the
>> following:
>>
>> > Sorry for the three posts.
>>
>> Ever heard of cancelling?
>
> In Carolyn's defense, not all NSPs/Newsreaders allow cancellations.
>
> Notan

I agree, but a least you could try :)

Hans
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 9:51:01 PM

I can't believe you guys are falling for this troll...

"Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message

> Immediately contact your CC company to dispute the charges.
> Hopefully you already have.
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 11:29:28 PM

I hope by now you have disputed the CC charge.
Every time I have done this, I was immediately advised to deduct the amount
from my bill before paying it. Hopefully your
CC company treats you as well as ours treats us.
]

> Thanks for your support on this. I'm reading some good suggestions
> about getting a signed invoice first, before making the actual
> purchase.
> Dell is using high pressure tactics to make a quick sale, and I was
> too trusting. I don't think I'll ever make a purchase like this on
> line again,
> but if I do, I'll take your advice!
>
> Regarding the email, I emailed the sales rep back immediatly, once I
> discovered
> the two problems. She did not email me back.....Dehna Mikals is the
> name she used (another employee informed me that most Dell people
> don't use their real names). I then got her voice mail, and left a
> detailed message....no return call. I gave up with her.
>
> UPS comments:
> I think the UPS driver felt comfortable enough with me to share his
> recent experiences concerning Dell. He has been the only driver in
> this little town for a long time, and we cross paths once in a while.
> According to him, he hears similar complaints from other local
> customers and witnesses this kind of bad business from Dell first
> hand. Just to clarify, Dell did admit on a later date that they made a
> mistake about someone accepting the replacement computer on my behalf.
> Before that, however, one Dell CSR really put me on edge for a week
> saying that someone else signed to accept the delivery. Even knowing
> this, Dell would not contact me, and that I was the one who had to
> continue the pursuit to get a straight answer. I don't think it has
> happened yet!
> Not once in writing, have they made any apology.
>
> After I re-read my original post from yesterday, I may have come
> accross as being prejudice against non-English speaking people. I am
> not, but the point I'm trying to make is that Dell is being deceitful.
> In my case, Dell is using the language barrier to their advangtage,
> while finger pointing at their own employees, accusing each other of
> having "poor training". I am convinced that they do this by design.
>
> Main Point: I sent the computer back, and they recieved and signed for
> it on May 2nd.
> Here it is June 17th, and they have not issued me a refund, while
> continuing to make excusses, blaming other employees. This garbage
> really takes its toll on my nerves, and I hope I can prevent someone
> from having to experience this.
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 2:12:01 AM

LaVacheQuiRit wrote:
> The organic entity known as Notan communicated the following:
>

>>LaVacheQuiRit wrote:
>>
>>>The organic entity known as Carolyn Taliaferro communicated the
>>>following:

>>>Ever heard of cancelling?
>>
>>In Carolyn's defense, not all NSPs/Newsreaders allow cancellations.
>>
>>Notan
>

> I agree, but a least you could try :)

How do you know she didn't, cowbreath?
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 2:42:42 AM

Jim,
Welcome to the typical modern day Dell service!
"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your support on this. I'm reading some good suggestions
> about getting a signed invoice first, before making the actual
> purchase.
> Dell is using high pressure tactics to make a quick sale, and I was
> too trusting. I don't think I'll ever make a purchase like this on
> line again,
> but if I do, I'll take your advice!
>
> Regarding the email, I emailed the sales rep back immediatly, once I
> discovered
> the two problems. She did not email me back.....Dehna Mikals is the
> name she used (another employee informed me that most Dell people
> don't use their real names). I then got her voice mail, and left a
> detailed message....no return call. I gave up with her.
>
> UPS comments:
> I think the UPS driver felt comfortable enough with me to share his
> recent experiences concerning Dell. He has been the only driver in
> this little town for a long time, and we cross paths once in a while.
> According to him, he hears similar complaints from other local
> customers and witnesses this kind of bad business from Dell first
> hand. Just to clarify, Dell did admit on a later date that they made a
> mistake about someone accepting the replacement computer on my behalf.
> Before that, however, one Dell CSR really put me on edge for a week
> saying that someone else signed to accept the delivery. Even knowing
> this, Dell would not contact me, and that I was the one who had to
> continue the pursuit to get a straight answer. I don't think it has
> happened yet!
> Not once in writing, have they made any apology.
>
> After I re-read my original post from yesterday, I may have come
> accross as being prejudice against non-English speaking people. I am
> not, but the point I'm trying to make is that Dell is being deceitful.
> In my case, Dell is using the language barrier to their advangtage,
> while finger pointing at their own employees, accusing each other of
> having "poor training". I am convinced that they do this by design.
>
> Main Point: I sent the computer back, and they recieved and signed for
> it on May 2nd.
> Here it is June 17th, and they have not issued me a refund, while
> continuing to make excusses, blaming other employees. This garbage
> really takes its toll on my nerves, and I hope I can prevent someone
> from having to experience this.
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 9:51:12 AM

Jim Dep,
Did you file a complaint with UPS, since they seem to be at fault, for allowing someone else to sign for the purchase? They should be able to tell you, who signed for the package. And a missing/stolen report should be filed with them.

Can you explain to me and others, why it is Dell's fault that a UPS driver would let another person sign for a delivery, when it seems not to be authorized by the original purchaser? Are you saying that its Dells fault, because they have not complained to UPS, because their drivers do not follow UPS procedures, by making sure that they get a signature from the purchaser or someone that is authorized to sign for it. If no one is available, then a delivery notice should be left, notifying the person that a the item can be picked up at a distribution center, or that a 2nd delivery can be scheduled. I would be very angry, if I had to pay approximately $100.00 in shipping costs, for a desktop & monitor, and the driver just let anyone to sign for it.

I live in an apartment bldg, that has staff working in an office for the complex. And for a long time the UPS driver, postal worker, and other delivery services would just leave the packages with them, not even attempting to deliver the package to the purchaser at their apt door, first. Complaints were made when packages were received damaged or came up missing. So in many cases, purchasers did not have the chance to refuse delivery, or at the minimum make out a damage report with the shipper. And this report is required by many senders & shipping insurance companies, to either get a replacement or get a refund for the purchase. The office changed their policy by not accepting packages any more, requiring that the deliverer actually make an attempt to deliver it to the addressee. When the change came, some delivery personnel seeing that had to actually deliver the package, started to just leave a non-delivery slip, without even attempting to make the first delivery. After several of these, "failed" deliveries, I complained to my local UPS distribution center, about their drivers, and now, a delivery is attempted. And when it not, I call them back to complain, and schedule the next day for delivery.

I live in the Detroit, MI area, so I must be lucky with Dell purchases, returns, repairs, because they use AirborneExpress/DHL to deliver their products here, or to send back to their depots. Which so far, everything that was delivered by them, required a signature. In other areas, they have no choice but to use UPS, or smaller carriers. If you worry that you might have a problem with delivery, then after making an on-line order, call Dell and talk to a sales person about your order. Make sure you tell them, who you want the delivery signed by, and no one else. This is also true if you make the order by phone.

If you made your purchase with a credit card, call them, find out what their policy is, when they credit back to their cards purchases. Some say it might take one (1) or more billing cycles before a credit is made. If they are saying that Dell has not sent the credit to them yet, then you should dispute the charges with your CC company.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
<Snipped to save Bandwidth>

> UPS comments:
> I think the UPS driver felt comfortable enough with me to share his
> recent experiences concerning Dell. He has been the only driver in
> this little town for a long time, and we cross paths once in a while.
> According to him, he hears similar complaints from other local
> customers and witnesses this kind of bad business from Dell first
> hand. Just to clarify, Dell did admit on a later date that they made a
> mistake about someone accepting the replacement computer on my behalf.
> Before that, however, one Dell CSR really put me on edge for a week
> saying that someone else signed to accept the delivery. Even knowing
> this, Dell would not contact me, and that I was the one who had to
> continue the pursuit to get a straight answer. I don't think it has
> happened yet!
> Not once in writing, have they made any apology.
>
> After I re-read my original post from yesterday, I may have come
> accross as being prejudice against non-English speaking people. I am
> not, but the point I'm trying to make is that Dell is being deceitful.
> In my case, Dell is using the language barrier to their advangtage,
> while finger pointing at their own employees, accusing each other of
> having "poor training". I am convinced that they do this by design.
>
> Main Point: I sent the computer back, and they recieved and signed for
> it on May 2nd.
> Here it is June 17th, and they have not issued me a refund, while
> continuing to make excusses, blaming other employees. This garbage
> really takes its toll on my nerves, and I hope I can prevent someone
> from having to experience this.
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 3:52:36 PM

For those responding suggesting that UPS share the blame,
I respectfully state that you are completely missing the point.

After a Dell CRS lied to me that someone else (a name I did not
recognize)signed at my home for a replacement computer, Dell admitted
a week later that their records show that the replacement computer
was, infact refused by me, and was sent back via UPS just like I told
them originally. Also keep mind that I never asked Dell for a
replacement computer. DEll was obviously trying to slam dunk the sale
to avoid sending me my refund. Dell then said I would recieve my
refund ASAP. From April 1st to June 18th and I still have no refund.
They NEVER call me to keep me up-to-date.

Tell me again why that's not Dell's fault....?!!
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 4:44:18 PM

Did you dispute the charges with you credit card company?

If you did not, what can I say?

> For those responding suggesting that UPS share the blame,
> I respectfully state that you are completely missing the point.
>
> After a Dell CRS lied to me that someone else (a name I did not
> recognize)signed at my home for a replacement computer, Dell admitted
> a week later that their records show that the replacement computer
> was, infact refused by me, and was sent back via UPS just like I told
> them originally. Also keep mind that I never asked Dell for a
> replacement computer. DEll was obviously trying to slam dunk the sale
> to avoid sending me my refund. Dell then said I would recieve my
> refund ASAP. From April 1st to June 18th and I still have no refund.
> They NEVER call me to keep me up-to-date.
>
> Tell me again why that's not Dell's fault....?!!
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 6:51:18 PM

Rerat/Rich wrote:

> Jim Dep,
> Did you file a complaint with UPS, since they seem to be at fault, for allowing someone else to sign for the purchase? They should be able to tell you, who signed for the package. And a missing/stolen report should be filed with them.

You've raised good points. I also wonder if the OP can put himself in
Dell's place (or any business, for that matter) for a moment and
consider what his response would be if a customer claimed he hadn't
received his package, yet they have a signed delivery notice from UPS
for the shipment?
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 10:06:35 PM

It is still appropriate to complain to Dell about shipping issues.
You do not have the contractual relationship with UPS, Dell does.
ALL issues regardless the source should be reported to Dell.
This does not mean it is not appropriate to contact UPS directly, just
that Dell should be the main contact.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
news:GjDAc.4981> You've raised good points. I also wonder if the OP
can put himself in
> Dell's place (or any business, for that matter) for a moment and
> consider what his response would be if a customer claimed he hadn't
> received his package, yet they have a signed delivery notice from
UPS
> for the shipment?

Anonymous
June 18, 2004 10:12:51 PM

<randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Here's my experience.
> >>
> >> The first week of April 2004, I am considering ordering a Dell
> >> Dimension 8300. I tell the sales rep on the phone that I am undecided,
> >> will look at other systems first before making a decision. The sales
> >> rep tells me " If you order now, I will upgrade your CRT monitor to a
> >> flat screen CRT for no extra cost." I agree and she takes my order.
> >>
> >> When I recieved the Dell from UPS, I open the box and discover that I
> >> got the cheaper monitor that I did not want, and the computer case is
> >> scratched up, looking much like a refurbished computer (the box was
> >> not damaged at all, however it was not packed well).
> >
> > You were lucky they used UPS. My last order from Dell, and it will be
my
> >last order because of the run around I got from the Indians, they sent
$200
> >worth of equipment on some off brand shipper, who left the box on a chair
by
> >my front door. About a week before that a city cop had had his bicycle
> >stolen about 20 feet from that spot. If I spend the money for first class
> >equipment, why would I want second class shipping and service?

You received the item on time and in working order I take it as I do not see
any complaint about that. So must not have been that bad a "off brand
shipper". It is not uncommon for companies to ship items with no signature
required, mine does. The loss through stolen packages is much less than
having to reship all the time because the schmuck that had to have it right
away was not home on any of the 3 delivery attempts resulting in additional
shipping costs.

Guess you might want to look into a safer neighborhood. Dell sells PC
equipment not security services.
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 10:12:52 PM

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

> "Phred" <ppnerkDELETETHIS@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > In article <2jdqa8F10edbgU1@uni-berlin.de>, "Technobarbarian"
> <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > You were lucky they used UPS. My last order from Dell, and it will
be
> my
> > >last order because of the run around I got from the Indians, they sent
> $200
> > >worth of equipment on some off brand shipper, who left the box on a
chair
> by
> > >my front door. About a week before that a city cop had had his bicycle
> > >stolen about 20 feet from that spot. If I spend the money for first
class
> > >equipment, why would I want second class shipping and service?
> >

> You received the item on time and in working order I take it as I do not
see
> any complaint about that.

Yep, this package arrived on time and in working order. The last one
with the same shipper did not. When I complained to the local manager that
that package had arrived in town early enough in the morning to be delivered
that day and on time his response was complain to Dell, they're the
customer--you aren't.

> So must not have been that bad a "off brand
> shipper". It is not uncommon for companies to ship items with no signature
> required, mine does. The loss through stolen packages is much less than
> having to reship all the time because the schmuck that had to have it
right
> away was not home on any of the 3 delivery attempts resulting in
additional
> shipping costs.

Like I want to argue with Dell about whether or not I actually got an
item that was basically thrown out of the truck like a newspaper.

> Guess you might want to look into a safer neighborhood. Dell sells PC
> equipment not security services.

They *are* trying to be an online merchant. If they disavow all
responsibility for what happens after the order is recieved they aren't much
use to real life consumers. If *they* have problem with my neighborhood they
don't have to sell to me (not likely to be a problem in the future). Even
when I lived way out in the boonies I wouldn't have appreciated this sort of
delivery, here in a typical urban neighborhood I certainly don't.

TB
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 12:29:22 AM

LOL.. (but not at your mishaps) I would at least make an attempt to
transform Dell's screw ups into yet more free upgrades. Demand
satisfaction!!

Or.......

Refuse/cancel/dispute charge authorization if you are sure you do not want
any system from Dell. No matter how long it takes Dell to straighten it
out, you can cancel the charge from your end much more simply, no?
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 12:33:56 AM

Buy as a small business!!!!
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 12:35:17 AM

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10d6hggt0gab760@corp.supernews.com>...
> Did you dispute the charges with you credit card company?
>
> If you did not, what can I say?
>
> Irene,
I put it on American Express. I complained to American Express once
Dell accussed me of signing for a replacement computer that I never
asked
for or received.

American Express has given me an extention on the balance while
this matter is being "disputed". The problem now is that American
Express claims that Dell is not cooperating with the investigation,
and American Express has set a deadline, that if they do not get
cooperation with Dell, they will direct the full balance back to me.
American Express has gone to bat for me, but I guess they only take it
so far. Using American Express has bought me some time, but really
hasn't helped me a whole lot. Again, I shouldn't have to rely on their
help to begin with.

This should be a no brainer: Dell sent me a bogus computer, I sent the
computer back, Dell signed for it and Dell has not givin me a refund.
What they have givin me is a huge run-around.

"If you did not, what can I say"
Irene, here's the point.
Isn't it a shame that honest consumers have to try to out-fox Dell to
keep from getting ripped off. The Dell employees I am stuck with are
seasoned pros in the art of deception and avoidance.

Credit Card or not, it wouldn't be an issue if I was dealing with a
reputable company.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:14:40 PM

On 17 Jun 2004 13:12:04 -0700, jimdep1@yahoo.com (Jim Dep) wrote:

>Thanks for your support on this. I'm reading some good suggestions
>about getting a signed invoice first, before making the actual
>purchase.
>Dell is using high pressure tactics to make a quick sale, and I was
>too trusting. I don't think I'll ever make a purchase like this on
>line again,
>but if I do, I'll take your advice!
>
>Regarding the email, I emailed the sales rep back immediatly, once I
>discovered
>the two problems. She did not email me back.....Dehna Mikals is the
>name she used (another employee informed me that most Dell people
>don't use their real names). I then got her voice mail, and left a
>detailed message....no return call. I gave up with her.
>
>UPS comments:
>I think the UPS driver felt comfortable enough with me to share his
>recent experiences concerning Dell. He has been the only driver in
>this little town for a long time, and we cross paths once in a while.
>According to him, he hears similar complaints from other local
>customers and witnesses this kind of bad business from Dell first
>hand. Just to clarify, Dell did admit on a later date that they made a
>mistake about someone accepting the replacement computer on my behalf.
>Before that, however, one Dell CSR really put me on edge for a week
>saying that someone else signed to accept the delivery. Even knowing
>this, Dell would not contact me, and that I was the one who had to
>continue the pursuit to get a straight answer. I don't think it has
>happened yet!
>Not once in writing, have they made any apology.
>
>After I re-read my original post from yesterday, I may have come
>accross as being prejudice against non-English speaking people. I am
>not, but the point I'm trying to make is that Dell is being deceitful.
>In my case, Dell is using the language barrier to their advangtage,
>while finger pointing at their own employees, accusing each other of
>having "poor training". I am convinced that they do this by design.

tell dell on the phone if they do not connect you to an american, and
not some indian or paki drone, that you won't buy the system.

>Main Point: I sent the computer back, and they recieved and signed for
>it on May 2nd.
>Here it is June 17th, and they have not issued me a refund, while
>continuing to make excusses, blaming other employees. This garbage
>really takes its toll on my nerves, and I hope I can prevent someone
>from having to experience this.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:18:40 PM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:12:51 -0400, "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote:

>"Phred" <ppnerkDELETETHIS@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> In article <2jdqa8F10edbgU1@uni-berlin.de>, "Technobarbarian"
><randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >"Jim Dep" <jimdep1@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > You were lucky they used UPS. My last order from Dell, and it will be
>my
>> >last order because of the run around I got from the Indians, they sent
>$200
>> >worth of equipment on some off brand shipper, who left the box on a chair
>by
>> >my front door. About a week before that a city cop had had his bicycle
>> >stolen about 20 feet from that spot. If I spend the money for first class
>> >equipment, why would I want second class shipping and service?
>>

>You received the item on time and in working order I take it as I do not see
>any complaint about that. So must not have been that bad a "off brand
>shipper". It is not uncommon for companies to ship items with no signature
>required, mine does. The loss through stolen packages is much less than
>having to reship all the time because the schmuck that had to have it right
>away was not home on any of the 3 delivery attempts resulting in additional
>shipping costs.
>

>Guess you might want to look into a safer neighborhood. Dell sells PC
>equipment not security services.

yes, in order to get a safer delivery, the guys going to sell his
house. are you nuts?
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 10:01:01 PM

"Technobarbarian" <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Phred" <ppnerkDELETETHIS@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> undecided,

> be
> > my
> > $200
> chair
> > by
> class
> > >

> > You received the item on time and in working order I take it as I do not
> see
> > any complaint about that.
>
> Yep, this package arrived on time and in working order. The last one
> with the same shipper did not.

Sure it didn't, I already figured that out. ;>)

>When I complained to the local manager that
> that package had arrived in town early enough in the morning to be
delivered
> that day and on time his response was complain to Dell, they're the
> customer--you aren't.

Oh, I did not realise that you worked for the shipper in question and were
familiar with the logistics involved in their route and delvery scheduling
on a given date.
I will not argue the the fact you should have made Dell aware of this A$$'s
comment however. But you should also have made his boss aware as this is an
issue with his companies performance, not Dell's.

> > So must not have been that bad a "off brand
> > shipper". It is not uncommon for companies to ship items with no
signature
> > required, mine does. The loss through stolen packages is much less than
> > having to reship all the time because the schmuck that had to have it
> right
> > away was not home on any of the 3 delivery attempts resulting in
> additional
> > shipping costs.
>
> Like I want to argue with Dell about whether or not I actually got an
> item that was basically thrown out of the truck like a newspaper.

Oh, now see it wasn't just left on the chair on your porch, it was "thrown
out of the truck like a newspaper".
First I must say my hats off to the driver for making such a good shot and
so carefully it touched down in the chair as not to damage the contents.

> > Guess you might want to look into a safer neighborhood. Dell sells PC
> > equipment not security services.
>
> They *are* trying to be an online merchant. If they disavow all
> responsibility for what happens after the order is recieved they aren't
much
> use to real life consumers. If *they* have problem with my neighborhood
they
> don't have to sell to me (not likely to be a problem in the future). Even
> when I lived way out in the boonies I wouldn't have appreciated this sort
of
> delivery, here in a typical urban neighborhood I certainly don't.

Again, where you live is not Dells issue and should you have not received
the package, they would ship another.
I am curious however as I just received my third 8300 last week and like the
last two mine arrived via UPS and required signature for the driver to leave
them.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 10:04:00 PM

"mimsy borogove" <****@***.***> wrote in message
> On 17 Jun 2004 13:12:04 -0700, jimdep1@yahoo.com (Jim Dep) wrote:
>
> >Thanks for your support on this. I'm reading some good suggestions
> >about getting a signed invoice first, before making the actual
> >purchase.
> >Dell is using high pressure tactics to make a quick sale, and I was
> >too trusting. I don't think I'll ever make a purchase like this on
> >line again,
> >but if I do, I'll take your advice!
> >
> >Regarding the email, I emailed the sales rep back immediatly, once I
> >discovered
> >the two problems. She did not email me back.....Dehna Mikals is the
> >name she used (another employee informed me that most Dell people
> >don't use their real names). I then got her voice mail, and left a
> >detailed message....no return call. I gave up with her.
> >
> >UPS comments:
> >I think the UPS driver felt comfortable enough with me to share his
> >recent experiences concerning Dell. He has been the only driver in
> >this little town for a long time, and we cross paths once in a while.
> >According to him, he hears similar complaints from other local
> >customers and witnesses this kind of bad business from Dell first
> >hand. Just to clarify, Dell did admit on a later date that they made a
> >mistake about someone accepting the replacement computer on my behalf.
> >Before that, however, one Dell CSR really put me on edge for a week
> >saying that someone else signed to accept the delivery. Even knowing
> >this, Dell would not contact me, and that I was the one who had to
> >continue the pursuit to get a straight answer. I don't think it has
> >happened yet!
> >Not once in writing, have they made any apology.
> >
> >After I re-read my original post from yesterday, I may have come
> >accross as being prejudice against non-English speaking people. I am
> >not, but the point I'm trying to make is that Dell is being deceitful.
> >In my case, Dell is using the language barrier to their advangtage,
> >while finger pointing at their own employees, accusing each other of
> >having "poor training". I am convinced that they do this by design.
> >
> tell dell on the phone if they do not connect you to an american, and
> not some indian or paki drone, that you won't buy the system.

That's right, tell them you want a damned American drone and you want him
now!
And if that doesn't work, stomp your feet and cry!
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 10:05:13 PM

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:12:51 -0400, "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote:
>

> >"Phred" <ppnerkDELETETHIS@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >my
> >$200
> >by
> >>

> >You received the item on time and in working order I take it as I do not
see
> >any complaint about that. So must not have been that bad a "off brand
> >shipper". It is not uncommon for companies to ship items with no
signature
> >required, mine does. The loss through stolen packages is much less than
> >having to reship all the time because the schmuck that had to have it
right
> >away was not home on any of the 3 delivery attempts resulting in
additional
> >shipping costs.
> >

> >Guess you might want to look into a safer neighborhood. Dell sells PC
> >equipment not security services.
> >

> yes, in order to get a safer delivery, the guys going to sell his
> house. are you nuts?

Of course not. Read it again, but first stand up. That way the comment will
not be over your head and you may get the point.
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 11:53:30 PM

> Again, where you live is not Dells issue and should you have not received
> the package, they would ship another.

Incredible! I couldn't even get an invoice for this order and yet you're
guaranteeing I could have gotten another hard drive shipped. You're either a
Dell shill or have super powers far beyond ordinary mortals.

TB
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 2:04:16 AM

We use MasterCard and I have never been given any kind of time limit because
the merchant "refuses to cooperate".

If it were me, I would let American Express know that I was more than a
little displeased with their handling of my dispute, but that is just me. If
they continued with the time limit business, and they billed me, and I was
forced to pay, I would then immediately cancel the credit card and inform
them in writing why. These days a good, cooperative credit card company is
one of the few and best protections any consumer has.
I agree, Dell is terrible when it comes to refunds and credits.
That is one of the reasons we no longer buy Dell Computers.

> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Did you dispute the charges with you credit card company?
> >
> > If you did not, what can I say?
> >
> > Irene,
> I put it on American Express. I complained to American Express once
> Dell accussed me of signing for a replacement computer that I never
> asked
> for or received.
>
> American Express has given me an extention on the balance while
> this matter is being "disputed". The problem now is that American
> Express claims that Dell is not cooperating with the investigation,
> and American Express has set a deadline, that if they do not get
> cooperation with Dell, they will direct the full balance back to me.
> American Express has gone to bat for me, but I guess they only take it
> so far. Using American Express has bought me some time, but really
> hasn't helped me a whole lot. Again, I shouldn't have to rely on their
> help to begin with.
>
> This should be a no brainer: Dell sent me a bogus computer, I sent the
> computer back, Dell signed for it and Dell has not givin me a refund.
> What they have givin me is a huge run-around.
>
> "If you did not, what can I say"
> Irene, here's the point.
> Isn't it a shame that honest consumers have to try to out-fox Dell to
> keep from getting ripped off. The Dell employees I am stuck with are
> seasoned pros in the art of deception and avoidance.
>
> Credit Card or not, it wouldn't be an issue if I was dealing with a
> reputable company.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 5:41:03 AM

PC Medic wrote:
> "mimsy borogove" <****@***.***> wrote in message
>
>>On 17 Jun 2004 13:12:04 -0700, jimdep1@yahoo.com (Jim Dep) wrote:
>>

>>>Thanks for your support on this. I'm reading some good suggestions
>>>about getting a signed invoice first, before making the actual
>>>purchase.
>>>Dell is using high pressure tactics to make a quick sale, and I was
>>>too trusting. I don't think I'll ever make a purchase like this on
>>>line again,
>>>but if I do, I'll take your advice!
>>>
>>>Regarding the email, I emailed the sales rep back immediatly, once I
>>>discovered
>>>the two problems. She did not email me back.....Dehna Mikals is the
>>>name she used (another employee informed me that most Dell people
>>>don't use their real names). I then got her voice mail, and left a
>>>detailed message....no return call. I gave up with her.
>>>
>>>UPS comments:
>>>I think the UPS driver felt comfortable enough with me to share his
>>>recent experiences concerning Dell. He has been the only driver in
>>>this little town for a long time, and we cross paths once in a while.
>>>According to him, he hears similar complaints from other local
>>>customers and witnesses this kind of bad business from Dell first
>>>hand. Just to clarify, Dell did admit on a later date that they made a
>>>mistake about someone accepting the replacement computer on my behalf.
>>>Before that, however, one Dell CSR really put me on edge for a week
>>>saying that someone else signed to accept the delivery. Even knowing
>>>this, Dell would not contact me, and that I was the one who had to
>>>continue the pursuit to get a straight answer. I don't think it has
>>>happened yet!
>>>Not once in writing, have they made any apology.
>>>
>>>After I re-read my original post from yesterday, I may have come
>>>accross as being prejudice against non-English speaking people. I am
>>>not, but the point I'm trying to make is that Dell is being deceitful.
>>>In my case, Dell is using the language barrier to their advangtage,
>>>while finger pointing at their own employees, accusing each other of
>>>having "poor training". I am convinced that they do this by design.
>>
>>tell dell on the phone if they do not connect you to an american, and
>>not some indian or paki drone, that you won't buy the system.
>
> That's right, tell them you want a damned American drone and you want him
> now!
> And if that doesn't work, stomp your feet and cry!

I prefer holding my breath until they give in.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 5:42:21 AM

PC Medic wrote:

<snip>

> Again, where you live is not Dells issue and should you have not received
> the package, they would ship another.
> I am curious however as I just received my third 8300 last week and like the
> last two mine arrived via UPS and required signature for the driver to leave
> them.

My last shipment from Dell had a big sticker on the box saying "Adult
Signature Required" (via UPS).
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 1:35:59 PM

> PC Medic wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Again, where you live is not Dells issue and should you have not
received
> > the package, they would ship another.
> > I am curious however as I just received my third 8300 last week and like
the
> > last two mine arrived via UPS and required signature for the driver to
leave
> > them.
>
> My last shipment from Dell had a big sticker on the box saying "Adult
> Signature Required" (via UPS).

They must have forgotten the one that said " Hey dummy, the driver does not
work for us so if he does not follow the directions on the other sticker
please let HIS boss know!"

Also, why snip the part of my post you were actually responding to and leave
the irrelevant part? Or did you figure that would somehow help your (lack
of) argument?
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 1:42:46 PM

> "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
>
> > Again, where you live is not Dells issue and should you have not
received
> > the package, they would ship another.
>
> Incredible! I couldn't even get an invoice for this order and yet
you're
> guaranteeing I could have gotten another hard drive shipped. You're either
> Dell shill or have super powers far beyond ordinary mortals.

Yes I know the invoice in the box, online and mailed separate all failed to
show.

The comment is based on experiences in our shipping department (where we do
not require signature) and law that dictates you can not charge the customer
if you can not prove delivery so must refund or replace. I guess like Irene
you need to stand while reading so it is not over your head. Is a company
going to put you through the mill when this happens....probably, there are a
lot more scumbags out their than packages that 'really' get lost.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 1:59:38 PM

Irene,

I agree with you, and thanks for your thoughtful comments.
I'd also like to clarify that this Dell computer was intended as a
gift
from my 81 year-old dad. He saw a Dell advertisment, knew that I
currently have a five-year old computer and wanted this to be a happy
experience. I wasn't quite as sold on Dell as he was, but this was his
gift, just out of the blue.

When I originally called Dell, I really didn't like their
high-pressure sales tactics over-the-phone, but when their sales rep
decieved me and offered me a free upgrade to a better monitor, I fell
for it and took the bait.

Anyway, this was put on HIS Amercian Express, and he's been an
excellent customer with them for over 30 years, and that makes your
point even more valid. He is dealing with American Express on his end,
so I copied your response and forwarded it to him. Thanks again!
(There should be a better way to spend father's day with your dad : )
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 8:53:41 PM

PC Medic wrote:
> "Vince McGowan" <SPAMvincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
>
>>PC Medic wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>>Again, where you live is not Dells issue and should you have not
>
> received
>
>>>the package, they would ship another.
>>>I am curious however as I just received my third 8300 last week and like
>
> the
>
>>>last two mine arrived via UPS and required signature for the driver to
>
> leave
>
>>>them.
>>
>>My last shipment from Dell had a big sticker on the box saying "Adult
>>Signature Required" (via UPS).
>
> They must have forgotten the one that said " Hey dummy, the driver does not
> work for us so if he does not follow the directions on the other sticker
> please let HIS boss know!"
>
> Also, why snip the part of my post you were actually responding to and leave
> the irrelevant part? Or did you figure that would somehow help your (lack
> of) argument?

I wasn't arguing with you, just tossing in a nugget of info regarding
deliveries from Dell.
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 2:52:05 AM

Dell is world renowned for their ability to give people the run around for
months. It's been reported just about every where, repeatedly and nothing
ever changes. The horror stories just continue to roll in. They have all
kinds of excuses but the bottomline is that they are expert consumer
torturers. Hour after hour of phone calls ending in hangups or disconnects.
Endless and circular transfers from one person to another. Promises never
kept. Out right lies as you have experienced. And if you're trying to get
money back from them then you'll likely get the very best of the Dell
torture masters! Interesting they have even stopped cooperating with
American Express. You really should write it all up and send it into the
Texas AG and Texas BBB as well as any local consumer affairs reporter.
Return the pain tenfold and Dell may consider actually correcting this BS.

> [...]
> that you accepted it," and that they do not owe me a refund. I'm livid
> at this point, and they tell me I have to wait a few days for them to
> research the problem, and then try calling back. (Keep in mind that
> everytime I call, I am on hold forever).
>
> My next contact with them, they tell me that they made a mistake and
> will issue me a refund in "5 to 8 weeks!" I threaten with the attorney
> general, and BBB.
> I waited to the end of May, and then called Dell back again. This time
> they tell me that "the person you talked to did not enter the refusal
> correctly, so you will have to wait until we can process your request
> for a refund."
> It is now almost July, and I still have not recieved a refund, and all
> I get is excuses. This has been a nightmare.
> Never again will I consider a Dell, no matter what.
June 21, 2004 3:48:50 AM

>and law that dictates you can not charge the customer
> if you can not prove delivery so must refund or replace.

And JUST WHERE did I say that was not true?

Maybe you are the one the needs to stand up when you read, or at least put
your glasses on. >g<

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

> "Technobarbarian" <randomcanyon-ztopzpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message
> >
> > > Again, where you live is not Dells issue and should you have not
> received
> > > the package, they would ship another.
> >
> > Incredible! I couldn't even get an invoice for this order and yet
> you're
> > guaranteeing I could have gotten another hard drive shipped. You're
either
> > Dell shill or have super powers far beyond ordinary mortals.
> >

> Yes I know the invoice in the box, online and mailed separate all failed
> show.
>
> The comment is based on experiences in our shipping department (where we
do
> not require signature) and law that dictates you can not charge the
customer
> if you can not prove delivery so must refund or replace. I guess like
Irene
> you need to stand while reading so it is not over your head. Is a company
> going to put you through the mill when this happens....probably, there are
> lot more scumbags out their than packages that 'really' get lost.

Anonymous
June 21, 2004 3:50:56 AM

> (There should be a better way to spend father's day with your dad : )

Yes, there should.

> Irene,
>
> I agree with you, and thanks for your thoughtful comments.
> I'd also like to clarify that this Dell computer was intended as a
> gift
> from my 81 year-old dad. He saw a Dell advertisment, knew that I
> currently have a five-year old computer and wanted this to be a happy
> experience. I wasn't quite as sold on Dell as he was, but this was his
> gift, just out of the blue.
>
> When I originally called Dell, I really didn't like their
> high-pressure sales tactics over-the-phone, but when their sales rep
> decieved me and offered me a free upgrade to a better monitor, I fell
> for it and took the bait.
>
> Anyway, this was put on HIS Amercian Express, and he's been an
> excellent customer with them for over 30 years, and that makes your
> point even more valid. He is dealing with American Express on his end,
> so I copied your response and forwarded it to him. Thanks again!
> (There should be a better way to spend father's day with your dad : )
Anonymous
June 21, 2004 8:54:01 AM

Robot, you hit the nail on the head.
It sounds like a description for terrorist training camps.

I'm going to start a new thread called "Buyer Beware Part 2", because
many of the posts are getting a little OT.

I'd like to share Dell's latest response, and "so called" follow up
to keep the public informed on how my issue is being treated.
Thanks for your responses.
Anonymous
June 23, 2004 1:45:23 AM

It's not worth starting a new post. The follow-up was more
of the same, having to explain the whole thing over again,
and getting false empathy in return.
June 23, 2004 10:03:40 PM

Notan <notan@ddress.com> wrote in news:40D1B5C9.953B8875@ddress.com:

> LaVacheQuiRit wrote:
>>
>> The organic entity known as Carolyn Taliaferro communicated the
>> following:
>>
>> > Sorry for the three posts.
>>
>> Ever heard of cancelling?
>
> In Carolyn's defense, not all NSPs/Newsreaders allow cancellations.
>
> Notan

I can't cancel.
!