Can't get on Internet

G

Hi everyone.
I have a 4 computer network at home. I also have an additional cable that I ran down to my shop. When I work on a computer I disconnect a port on the router and connect the cable from downstairs.
My problem is the computer in the shop sees and is able to read and write to the other 3 on the network but everytime I start explorer it returns the start page as not available. I've tried reinstalling every protocol in networking. I use dchp so it finds the address automatically. I just set up my own one again and choose lan from IE and was on the internet the first time. On the router it shows under status so I'm at a loss as to whats happening!

any ideas or suggestions
Thanks in advance.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
on the computer that is blind to the internet ..if it is a win 98 box go to start|run|winipcfg|enter release all then renew

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

G

Thanks lagger for the info. I did as suggested and now see the problem. On comparing "more info" between 2 computers the blind one will not set Host IP to Workshop.isp.com and show the dns server address even after releasing and renewing!
You've narrowed it down..
Any ideas...

Thanks again