Sign in with
Your question

Laptop hasn't felt right since bsod

December 5, 2012 9:43:33 PM

So on Monday 26th November, my laptop bluescreened at complete random from KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. After doing a system restore due to the operating system just freezing up a few minutes after loading everything, it seemed to work okay. Then, the freezes happened again. At pure random, between 30 minutes to 7 hours, everything just stops responding and the system crawls to a halt. I tried diagnosing my system with Hirens Boot CD to no avail, and finally gave in and did a full system recovery back to factory settings. Now, my laptop no longer freezes, but it did bluescreen again from IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (IAStor.sys) after a reboot in which my laptop now takes about 10 minutes to get past the Welcome screen, and for some reason Google Chrome no longer works properly, and neither does the Flash player for Firefox despite several reinstalls. I haven't been able to find any forum specific answers to this problem as it feels pretty unique, but basically what I am saying is ever since that first bluescreen, my laptop doesn't seem to function like it did before, even with a factory reset. Any ideas what the underlying problem could be?

More about : laptop felt bsod

!