I need help booting windows 7

asdf523

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
My windows 7 Ultimate went blue screen of death for no reason and I dont know why. When I try to reboot I get the splash screen windows logo thingy and then the repair disk option. I used to always have the option of booting to safe mode but that option is not there. THe only option is to attempt repair which Ive tried to let it do but it still gets blue screen of death when rebooting afterward. I think this happened right after I tried to install a shareware program I had downloaded. I wanted to boot to safe mode so I could uninstall the suspect program but no safe mode boot option. Fortunately I had my hard drive partitioned with Vista on the second partition so I am currently running from the Vista partition. Any hope of recovery or should I just bite the bullet and reinstall windows 7 on the other partition?

Thank you for suggestions.

zalittle

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Windows is and always will be a pain the arse. Bite the bullet and reinstall Windows 7, get rid of Vista and Install Ubuntu/Linux on the second partition.

1st System-Windows 7 / Ubuntu / I5-750@ 3.6 Ghz / MSI P55-GD85 / 4 GB Corsair 1600 Mhz / XFX Radeon 5850 / Silverstone Element 750 watt PSU / Cooler Master CM690 II advanced case with Hyper 212 plus / 1 TB Caviar Black

2nd System- Windows XP / AMD xp 2600@ 2.2Ghz / Asus A7N8X / 1.5 gb Kingston PC3200 / 3-150 gb Maxtor IDE / MSI Video Capture Card / XFX 7600 GS /