Printer for Machine/Wiring Labels

ftarara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a printer to do one thing and one thing well...print labels! The specific type of labels are ones that are used to mark wiring and machine components. An example would be Brady JET-30-117-2. I don't need any bells or whistles and would be willing to spend some extra to have it work well. We have a lot of issues with paper jams and not aligning correctly because of how paper feeds through. Anyone have some suggestions here, thanks in advance!

Paper jams and alignments can be caused by the paper, if it's too smooth, or thick, or anything odd, the rollers will not grip it right.

You don't want to use inkjets for this, most have a very bad paper feed path. Look for an Laser printer, HP is pretty reliable, even the older models. HP2200 is a great printer, sturdy, cheap.

ftarara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011

Well, I had trouble making that call as well between laser and inkjet. The paper is made for inkjet so that is the route I took. I have pretty much gone with a cheap model that feeds the paper through really simply. It seems to be doing the job, but I did need to change the configurations to only print the black pidmented ink and rotating the printing 180 degrees. Because of how the paper laid out, it would only think there was paper in the tray with this rotation. I think because one end of the paper is transparent it was causing this issue.

So, that is the cheap route we took. We have tried this with more expensive OKI printers with no luck. Sometimes cheaper and simpler is the way to go!