MN-100 Keeps dropping connection

My router keeps dropping its connection to the internet. I have to press the
reset button on the router to get it to work again. The local LAN continues
to operate. The cable modem is still online and functional. Any ideas?

--
Guy Lapierre
www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com

joker

Are you on a PPPoE connection?

If so when your router can no longer connect to the Internet check you
basestation log for a "PADT" entry near the end of the log.

Guy Lapierre wrote:

> My router keeps dropping its connection to the internet. I have to press the
> reset button on the router to get it to work again. The local LAN continues
> to operate. The cable modem is still online and functional. Any ideas?

No, my connection is a straight forward dynamic IP address.

--
"joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
> Are you on a PPPoE connection?
>
> If so when your router can no longer connect to the Internet check you
> basestation log for a "PADT" entry near the end of the log.
>
> Guy Lapierre wrote:
>
>> My router keeps dropping its connection to the internet. I have to press
>> the reset button on the router to get it to work again. The local LAN
>> continues to operate. The cable modem is still online and functional. Any
>> ideas?

joker

What's the firmware version you are running then?

Guy Lapierre wrote:

> No, my connection is a straight forward dynamic IP address.

Broadband Network Utility Software = 2.2.0.731
Boot Firmware = 0.0.1.02
Runtime Firmware = 0.1.11.017

--
> What's the firmware version you are running then?
>
> Guy Lapierre wrote:
>
>> No, my connection is a straight forward dynamic IP address.

joker

Well then could you please post the last ten entries in the basestation
log right after this happens but before you reset the router.

Guy Lapierre wrote:

> Broadband Network Utility Software = 2.2.0.731
> Boot Firmware = 0.0.1.02
> Runtime Firmware = 0.1.11.017

I've been up for a day now I am happy to report and I am knocking on wood.
I've disabled the windows firewall on the 3 clients behind the router and it
seems to be holding the connection now. Any thoughts?

--
> Well then could you please post the last ten entries in the basestation
> log right after this happens but before you reset the router.
>
> Guy Lapierre wrote:
>
>> Broadband Network Utility Software = 2.2.0.731
>> Boot Firmware = 0.0.1.02
>> Runtime Firmware = 0.1.11.017

joker

not sure. I was expecting to see something strange in the logs that
would explain it. Oh well.