Shared Internet access

Having just networked 2 computers at home I am now trying
to share broadband internet access but I seem to be having
problems.both computers are running windows xp the Lan
conection is fine & my isp is aol. Is there anyone who can
help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about shared internet access

    First off this newsgroup is only for the Microsoft networking hardware.
    (The hardware Microsoft makes does not support AOL as AOL refuses to
    follow the standard TCP/IP connection & the perfectly good 32-bit TCP/IP
    stack that Windows uses.)

    Second off unless you pay AOL extra money you cannot connect multiple
    computers at the same time to AOL.

    My suggestion is get a real ISP. Then do some research on what hardware
    is available to share a real internet connection.

    Paul Robinson wrote:

    > Having just networked 2 computers at home I am now trying
    > to share broadband internet access but I seem to be having
    > problems.both computers are running windows xp the Lan
    > conection is fine & my isp is aol. Is there anyone who can
    > help me?

Routers Internet Access Internet Service Providers Computers Networking