Shared Internet access

Last response: in Networking
September 11, 2004 7:14:15 PM

Having just networked 2 computers at home I am now trying
to share broadband internet access but I seem to be having
problems.both computers are running windows xp the Lan
conection is fine & my isp is aol. Is there anyone who can
help me?

More about : shared internet access

September 11, 2004 10:13:53 PM

First off this newsgroup is only for the Microsoft networking hardware.
(The hardware Microsoft makes does not support AOL as AOL refuses to
follow the standard TCP/IP connection & the perfectly good 32-bit TCP/IP
stack that Windows uses.)

Second off unless you pay AOL extra money you cannot connect multiple
computers at the same time to AOL.

My suggestion is get a real ISP. Then do some research on what hardware
is available to share a real internet connection.

!