Need Williams Funfest manual

I have a manual for "Swinger" which was the 2-player version of Fun Fest.
Same game with exception of some of the extra plumbing for the 3rd & 4th
players...

Great game with fast action- this is one of the few games where you can
actually be "invincible" on the playfield- by lighting the right kick-back,
having the center post up, and having the right outlane ball-save gate open.

Cool game.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Popped my EM cherry today.
>
> Williams Fun-Fest.
>
> These EMs even smell different than the SS games.
>
> I need a manual.
>
> Anyone have a lead on a file on the web or can send me a pdf file of it,
> would much appreciated.
>
> Tia.
>
> Otto
>
> CARGPB11
>
> My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

Yes, it chimes. There is a 3 bar chime box just inside
the coin door on the right. Often broken or unplugged.
You'll probably have to rewuild the chime box, too.

I have a Funfest, but I'm not sure where the paperwork is...
There is a schematic and a thin manual for the game.

It's a great EM to have, BTW. :)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
===============================

Otto wrote:
> Is there a manual for Funfest or only the 2 player version Swinger?
>
> Should this game chime? I don't hear any bells ringing.

should just clean the plungers and sleves. SOmetimes those rubber
grommits that hold the chimes deterioate...

Grojohn

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

"Ray Johnson - Action Pinball" <staff@actionpinball.com> wrote in message
>I have a manual for "Swinger" which was the 2-player version of Fun Fest.
> Same game with exception of some of the extra plumbing for the 3rd & 4th
> players...
>
> Great game with fast action- this is one of the few games where you can
> actually be "invincible" on the playfield- by lighting the right
> kick-back,
> having the center post up, and having the right outlane ball-save gate
> open.
>
> Cool game.
>
> Ray J.
> --
> Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
> Salt Lake City, Utah USA
> Web: www.actionpinball.com
>
> We're serious about pinball. Anything else is just for fun!
>

> "Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Popped my EM cherry today.
>>
>> Williams Fun-Fest.
>>
>> These EMs even smell different than the SS games.
>>
>> I need a manual.
>>
>> Anyone have a lead on a file on the web or can send me a pdf file of it,
>> would much appreciated.
>>
>> Tia.
>>
>> Otto
>>
>> CARGPB11
>>
>> My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

I was wondering what in the world that contraption was.

Should I just pull the whole thing out and clean and rebuild it?

Someone have a pic of what a working chime box should look like for this
game? I wonder if all the parts are even there.

Otto

CARGPB11

"Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
> Yes, it chimes. There is a 3 bar chime box just inside
> the coin door on the right. Often broken or unplugged.
> You'll probably have to rewuild the chime box, too.
>
> I have a Funfest, but I'm not sure where the paperwork is...
> There is a schematic and a thin manual for the game.
>
> It's a great EM to have, BTW. :)
>
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
> ===============================
>
> Otto wrote:
>> Is there a manual for Funfest or only the 2 player version Swinger?
>>
>> Should this game chime? I don't hear any bells ringing.

Yes, pull it out. The "grommets" are foam rubber and
there are plastic"soda straw" spacers in the center.
Clean and buff the chime bars and polish the plungers.
If the nylon tip is missing from any, the plunger will need
to be replaced. I've found a foam gasket material from
a local gasket-making company that makes an excellent
replacement for the original piece. I use a set of gasket
punches to make them.

--
Fred
TX

"Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:wIrPe.1206$HM2.632@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> I was wondering what in the world that contraption was.
>
> Should I just pull the whole thing out and clean and rebuild it?
>
> Someone have a pic of what a working chime box should look like for this
> game? I wonder if all the parts are even there.

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Pulled it out. As you predicted, the grommets are all shot. Marvin provides
the idea of cutting black post rubbers to use as grommets. Sounds like it
will work.

The plungers were all gummed up on the rubber pad that they rest on at the
bottom. I thought I would replace that with Dynamat.

I believe I have a commone problem. On the center chime, the thin retaining
flange is broken about halfway up. No hole there to put the brass retain rod
in. Is there an easy fix for this or will I need to replace the assembly?
Pbr?

Also, on the center chime, the smaller, flat, long retaining piece that
sits between the chime and the brass rod is missing. Pbr?

I found two yellowed and nasty what I think are the soda straw spacers you
refer to. Where do these go?

> Yes, pull it out. The "grommets" are foam rubber and
> there are plastic"soda straw" spacers in the center.
> Clean and buff the chime bars and polish the plungers.
> If the nylon tip is missing from any, the plunger will need
> to be replaced. I've found a foam gasket material from
> a local gasket-making company that makes an excellent
> replacement for the original piece. I use a set of gasket
> punches to make them.
>
> --
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
>

> "Otto" <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> I was wondering what in the world that contraption was.
>>
>> Should I just pull the whole thing out and clean and rebuild it?
>>
>> Someone have a pic of what a working chime box should look like for this
>> game? I wonder if all the parts are even there.

Otto, If all went well you received the schematic Leon
"Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> schreef in bericht