WQHD (2560 x 1440) Monitors

XXF

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I'm looking to upgrade a monitor for my home setup and about a year ago was looking at 2560 x 1440 (or 1600) monitors and they were about $850 to $900 at the cheaper end, up to a couple grand... A cursory search now is showing that the price point on these high def monitors hasn't changed at all... Anyone have any knowledge about this market, if we can expect to see any price progress (maybe down to the $500 range) at any point?

It seems like 1920 x 1080 (or 1200) has been the standard for monitors for ten years now, anyone see progress on the horizon?

christopher1983

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

Just discovered a site (Ebay) which is selling the bulk 27 S-IPS apple cinema display panel (brand new, originated from LG A+ Grade), cost $480 only, you may added another $50 to $80 for logic board and exterior frame, i am thinking if i would place an order, the price is very competitive

mattiamez

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hi all!!

I have a big issue wih my crossover q27 linked in dvi-d dual link with a nvidia gtx660.

sometimes, when i turn on pc/return from standby or hybernate status o when i turn on with the botton, my crossover shows a lot of small flashing dots in different positions.
i have to turn off manually and then turn on again (for many times if it's necessary) to return in a normal status.
it remains in good conditions till next monitor turn off.

It seems like, sometimes, my monitor could not connect with my vga and i have to turn off and then on to reconnect.

here there's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKzYVBxPJ3Y&feature=youtu.be

PLEASE HELP ME BOYS,

here in italy this monitors aren't diffused so i cant ask help in our forums,
i know that u are more experts and for my problem, that i think it is not so common, your knowledge will help!
thanks mattia