Getting rid of foder & icon, in XP

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I keep deleting the My Pictures folder in My Documents and it keeps coming
back.

I keep setting the toolbar NOT to show the Local Area Network icon, and sure
enough, every time I restart, Windows puts it back in the toolbar.

Could anyone please let me know how to get rid of these two annoying things.

Thanks

"Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message
> I keep deleting the My Pictures folder in My Documents and it keeps coming
> back.
>

> I keep setting the toolbar NOT to show the Local Area Network icon, and
sure
> enough, every time I restart, Windows puts it back in the toolbar.
>

> Could anyone please let me know how to get rid of these two annoying
things.

Try here: http://www.annoyances.org/ They have all sorts of information
on setting up your machine to run the way *you* want it to.

TB

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

> > Which explains why Macs are so hugely successful over PCs.
>
> Not as measured by sales, however.

I think this was an idiotic sarcastic comment.

Sarcastic, but hardly idiotic.

> Sarcastic, but hardly idiotic.

<snip>

bingo, my man.

WSZsr wrote:

> Sarcastic, but hardly idiotic.
>
> "Tony" <poipoipoi@poipoipoi.com> wrote in message

>>>Not as measured by sales, however.
>>
>>I think this was an idiotic sarcastic comment.

Well, this is interesting, neither was intended. Would you have been
happier if I'd included a smiley. I thought it was a pretty obvious reply.

If we're going to be evaluating these sorts of things, I would ask OP in
what way(s) "Macs are so hugely successful over PCs"?