Sign in with
Your question

Intel Fans and lost glory

Last response: in CPUs
August 15, 2004 10:58:22 AM

i predicted it all...and ofcourse I will get no credit..and i will be attacked

I said that Preshott was a false Prophet. I mean People here like Hardware BOSS and the like swore that PRESSIE was the 2nd coming. Any opinions to the contrary led to attacks....

Now long after BOILCOT's release..Intel is bumbling n stumblin all over the place. Chipset failures, sockets that break cpu pins... CPUs that get so hot they can bake pastries...no direction.

NET BURST is dead....Dothan is a sweet chip but was never designed to be a FLAGSHIP chip and can't AND WON't ramp up to compete with HAMMER.... Celerons are a joke. Now here comes CONVINGTON reborn as the SHELTON as INTEL is positioning itself as a BARGAIN CPU MAKER? Cacheless CPU's ...WTF..

Even world reknown AMD hater FUGGER has to work overtime and scour the web for PRO-INTEL stories to spin this into a positive INTEL situation.

Intel now is all up on 64 bits...when just a short while ago it sucked.... Now INTEL is still saying SOI sucks....but i gurantee they wont hit .65 without it

NOw INTEL has the blurriest ROADMAP i have everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr seen

what is INTELS DIRECTION....

I am assuming the P4 experiment is dead...and INTEL is re-hiring its P3 engineers to get DOTHAN up to speed...Now Intel is talking DUAL CORES ..and .65 is ahead of schedule

yeah right...thats like selling me a rotten apple and while i am chewing and gagging you try to sell me another apple saying it wont be rotten.... shoot me for being a lil suspicious

Talk about no pressure... AMD engineers must have they feet up relaxing with a CORONA...nothing in INTEL LABS to scare them ....

INTEL better get its act together....the INTELLIOTS are restless

More about : intel fans lost glory

August 15, 2004 11:33:51 AM

thanks

August 15, 2004 2:50:28 PM

pope sounds like hes back...and super.

-----------------------
oh, its a nice day. TO EAT CHILDREN!!!
Related resources
August 15, 2004 2:56:47 PM

Jesus, i support and use AMD processors but posts like this really make AMD look stupid....Quit the fanboyism and do not post things like this...
August 15, 2004 3:27:27 PM

this guy used to come and spam here for months. just ignore him, he feeds off the negative attention

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

Brand name whores are stupid!
August 15, 2004 3:40:46 PM

a.k.a TROLL [/evil voice]

August 15, 2004 3:47:33 PM

Prescotts might look like failure to people who know nothing about processors but the truth is that Prescotts do well in sales.

===========================
<A HREF="http://www.clancas.net" target="_new">clan CHAOS</A>
August 15, 2004 3:59:11 PM

I wouldn't say prescott is a huge failure. Sales are still going on it due to people that don't care about their money. It's still a great cpu, i'm just not going to buy it due to the heat and performance. Becuase i don't care what anyone says in my experience with the chip it hasn't performed any better when comparing it to my 2.6c.
But that's only video game performance which doesn't usually mean anything. It's still a good mainstream cpu though don't matter how you cut it. Practically same performance in real life and in fake life it's a bit better than northwood. Some people don't even have temp problems with it.

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623...;/A>
46,510 , movin on up. 48k new goal. Maybe not.. :/ 
August 16, 2004 3:24:49 AM

Quote:
Prescotts might look like failure to people who know nothing about processors but the truth is that Prescotts do well in sales.

OMFG hahahahahahaha
That was a good laugh.

Watch out for the <b><font color=red>bloody</font color=red></b> Fanboys!

AMD64 2800+ :: MSI Neo-Fis2r :: 512mb Kingmax ddr400 :: Sapphire 9800pro 128mb :: 10K WD Raptor

Addicted, finally.
August 16, 2004 3:27:37 AM

Quote:
Prescotts might look like failure to people who know nothing about processors but the truth is that Prescotts do well in sales

Yeah, earlier P4 based Celerons did very well in sales. Does this make Celeron a good CPU?

------------
<A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A>

<A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig</A> & <A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/benchmark.html" target="_new">3DMark score</A>
August 16, 2004 3:55:48 AM

I just would like INTEL's direction pointed out to me.

I dont wanna hear about sales.... people buy cigarettes by the boatload knowing they will die of cancer from it.
August 16, 2004 4:00:21 AM

did i stir the cold blue INTEL soul within you?

Surely you are running to the forum master as we type in another attempt to have me banned... instead of debating....
August 16, 2004 4:22:52 AM

looking at the glorious history of INTEL ... PRESSIE is a dissapointment at best

sure it will sell.... people with liver problems buy booze
August 16, 2004 4:36:33 AM

i may the real POPE... the one who was in the trenches fighting blind intel loyalisys way back

or i may be a fake ...trying to live off someone else fame to spread my message

either way..i will be banned soon.... whiney lil nerd type guys who dont get women...they only joy in life is memory chips and getting someone banned...

but there is always SUPERPOPE2 ... SUPERPOPE3 and so forth
August 16, 2004 4:39:06 AM

phial i wont stoop to your profanic name calling level.... but i know quite a few AMD FANS who are INTEL BLUE at heart.

And this is not about AMD.... i raised questions about INTELS direction and offer debate
August 16, 2004 4:46:01 AM

ok so your talking about ignorance and closed mindedness, and that goes for either side. and the way you PREACH makes you also ignorant and a hypocrite as well

this is a stupid thread, just like all the others you created

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

Brand name whores are stupid!
August 16, 2004 6:18:03 AM

Hi Kinney.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.
August 16, 2004 6:32:15 AM

Not Kinney, that's for sure. Kinney turned to the dark side (intel got him at the end).
Expope, you are a troll of the worst kind. How's that, they say? You had the audacity to predict the future correctly. I'm glad to see you are well. Perhaps you can even be a little usefull, by razing kanospit, this dolt Petetoy, and a few other idiot intel fanbots who have come here. Most of your old enemies, like spud, have been banned, but new playmates arrive every day.
Play by the rules, so we can have many hours of entertainment.
August 16, 2004 6:48:23 AM

not kinney
August 16, 2004 6:52:28 AM

phial u dont like me... i cant stand you...so how say we settle this on the field of battle

say a lil Deathmatch in doom3
August 16, 2004 8:14:09 AM

You made a slight error here, lets rephrase that:

>Prescotts might look like failure to people who know ><b> >something </b> about processors but the truth is that
>Prescotts do well in sales.

Yep, like Celerons! BTW, lets see how well they do once 3+ Ghz goes value/mainstream and oem and shops need to build small tower case computers around them for ~$500 that don't produce hurricane sounds, that work with cheap PSU's, etc. I'm not sure it will be such a stunning succes then.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
August 16, 2004 8:49:05 AM

bah this is stupid, i dont dislike you, just please dont entice flamewars they are so tiring. LOL after reading your first post, it IS kinda funny :) 

-------

Brand name whores are stupid!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phial on 08/16/04 05:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 16, 2004 11:24:44 AM

Intel still has DELL.

------
Prescott 3.2E 1MB L2 HT
1GB PC 3200 Dual channel(PAT)
Asus P4P800 Bios 1016
PNY Geforce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3
60,823 Aquamarks
August 16, 2004 3:40:51 PM

You guys do realize that Popey does have an Intel-based computer, correct?

He just loves stirring the [-peep-] with people that will get all up in arms over his posts.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
August 16, 2004 5:35:39 PM

>> Prescotts might look like failure to people who know nothing about processors but the truth is that Prescotts do well in sales.

I dont care about haw much it sales, I care about performence !
So this will make it clear it is a failure

Toms Hardware Site is a joke !
Looks like intel spent more on bribing reviewers to cover up it aint that great than they did in R&D, you know what im talking about Tom !
August 17, 2004 1:02:17 AM

Hello peteboy. Can you answer a simple question please?
Is the northwood celeron a good chip for the price?
August 17, 2004 2:34:39 AM

Aww come on guys, the INTEL PENTIUM(1) 200MHz WITH MMX TECHONOLOGY ain't that bad right?

AMD A64 3200+ (2.2GHz Newcastle)
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
1GB Corsair DDR400 ValueSelect (CL2.5)
R9600Pro @ 500mhz Core, 340mhz Memory
August 17, 2004 5:54:34 AM

Pope you know I'm going to back you on this one. ;)  AMD has got'em by the shorties this time. Woo!
August 17, 2004 6:19:38 AM

I say we turn this into a 2x2 TDM SuperBatMan and SuperPope vs whoever and whoever. SoF2 anyone? Maybe a lil DooM3?

note: little is it known that SuperPope is one of the worlds best online killers. I have seen him 1st hand kill 60 in a row in just a min or two. The guys unreal!

Of course I have been known to pop a few heads from time to time. :p 
August 18, 2004 12:39:43 AM

super BATMAN one of the most talented online killers known ....

these pencil neck slack jaw faggots in this forum dont want to see me on the field of battle

trust me
August 18, 2004 2:42:43 AM

Quote:
slack jaw faggots

Woot gay bashing, sorry big E but he did use slack jaw with the word faggots.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>
August 18, 2004 7:35:32 AM

Well it doesn't look like anybody wants any part of us in the 1st place. Pwnd!
August 18, 2004 12:59:38 PM

Well someone down at the intel camp will be geting bollcked! intel Netburst is all about marketing. i read once on the net that an former intel design engineer, said that. the prescot piplines where just to ramp up clock speeds. and marketing driven. looks like the marketing director will be bollocked!
August 18, 2004 2:18:11 PM

Yup poopey's back again.
August 18, 2004 2:40:52 PM

I notice that the <i>very first</i> review in that list the guy says he wants better cooling. What sort of a package is that?

If those guys had bought Northwoods at the same speed they'd have been just as happy with the performance, but they wouldn't even mention the temperature, except maybe to express amazement at how <i>low</i> it is.

It's like Porsche releasing a new 911 that has slightly less power but consumes more fuel and makes more noise. Anyone who bought one who didn't have a porsche before would think it was great. Anyone who thought they new what to expect from Porsche would be dissapointed.

---
Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @200x10 (~2Ghz), 1.4 Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL/1x512Mb Corsair XMS PC4000 2.5-3-3-7
Sapphire 9800Pro (VGA Silencer Rev3) @418/742
August 18, 2004 3:15:52 PM

Just curious, how does superpope's post make AMD look stupid??
Bob
August 18, 2004 9:13:44 PM

Intel is a marketing company, performence comes in second place.
AMD is a High technologie driven company which cares about PERFORMENCE !

And still you have intel lovers who know this and are not better then a computernoob who does not know all this and thinks MHz means performence !
IT IS ON THE NET, READ AND OPEN YOUR EYES !!!

Superpope, you have to read the postings of Kanavit, you wont believe the things that comes out of him, Hilarious !

Toms Hardware Site is a joke !
Looks like intel spent more on bribing reviewers to cover up it aint that great than they did in R&D, you know what im talking about Tom !

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Coop on 08/18/04 05:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 18, 2004 10:11:44 PM

listen you dick head, amd cares about 1 thing. MONEY! the same [-peep-] thing intel cares about. now they're trying to make more by making the best product. now the a64 is the fastest mainstream cpu but it may not be the BEST solution for the majority of the market. the only thing intel cares about is MONEY. they use marketing, reliability, experience, and performance to sell there products. so don't give me any of this "intel just markets good and amd is so awesome" bullshit. they're both trying to make money and guess what... intel makes a whole shitload more. let me know when i can get stable amd platforms with amd boards and cpu's with next day overnight 3 year [-peep-] warranty. then call me and we'll talk, because my customers don't have time for bullshit and neither do i. and THAT is why intel owns amd's ass. it has nothing to do with benchmarks. € of computers are used for [-peep-] that would work perfect on a celeron.
!