Connect Xbox 360 to LCD Monitor?

Augray37

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
I have an Asus VH192D 18.5" 1366x768 LCD monitor with a VGA port only, and I am trying to connect my Xbox 360 S to it. I bought an official Microsoft Xbox 360 VGA AV cable to connect them, but it didn't work. The monitor simply says "No signal" then goes to sleep. I tried the microsoft troubleshooting guide and the "y button and both triggers" trick (which did restart the console, but didn't solve the problem), but i still can't get it to work. The monitor works fine otherwise, although I can't access its menu unless it has a "signal". The VGA cable has the red/white audio inputs attached to it and they work fine, I just don't get video.

Any suggestions on how to get this working? I know it's kind of a specific question, but if anyone has some advice I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Augray37

Solution
thats strange I have used this same setup and it worked fine, the only thing I can think of is to check your xbox connection cable and see whether it makes a difference if you set it to SD. Sorry but I haven't set it up that way for a while, if not I'll see if I get time on the weekend and try to set it up again and see if theres anything I needed to do to get it to work.

mine was on noraml xbox 360 not a slim

shadow1942

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
thats strange I have used this same setup and it worked fine, the only thing I can think of is to check your xbox connection cable and see whether it makes a difference if you set it to SD. Sorry but I haven't set it up that way for a while, if not I'll see if I get time on the weekend and try to set it up again and see if theres anything I needed to do to get it to work.

mine was on noraml xbox 360 not a slim

Solution

Augray37

Distinguished
May 4, 2011

Do you have my same Asus VH192D monitor? I don't know if it's a weird monitor or what, I just can't figure it out. I tried connecting my 360 S and my old regular 360 (which I thought was dead for a while, which is why I have two consoles, but i took it apart and fixed it :D), and neither worked. Yeah if you have time that'd be awesome, if not no worries. I've tried tweaking the settings the best i know how, but still no dice. Thanks!