/ Sign-up
Your question

Friction Clamp? Friction Hinge? Friction Stay? Help!

  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
July 4, 2010 1:21:49 AM

Hey folks, alright so I disassembled my Toshiba Satellite P105 laptop to replace the power jack. Now I have no sound, because the little black plastic "friction clamp" or whatever it is called that holds the ribbon down onto the motherboard broke. What are these things actually called? And where can I find replacement ones? They kind of lift up with a hinge-like action, allowing you to pull the ribbon out. Mine were brittle so they broke in half on first touch, doh!

Thanks in advance for any info!


More about : friction clamp friction hinge friction stay

a b D Laptop
July 4, 2010 3:48:06 AM

Suggest using adhesive tape. Don't use a glue a this may dissolve the ribbon cable.