Links 2003: Can host online games but cannot join others?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone,microsoft.public.games.zone.links2001,microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation,microsoft.public.games.zone.sport (More info?)

I have opened the ports I believe I require in order to play Links online. I
can host a game, & then it plays perfectly.

However, if I attempt to join a game, when the game loads I get the annoying
'Connection Failed' message.

Any suggestions as to where I should be looking?

OS is WinXP
Connection is DSL through a Router...

--
Cheers,

James Goodman

ME

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone,microsoft.public.games.zone.links2001,microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation,microsoft.public.games.zone.sport (More info?)

see what you can find here:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/

"James" <jamesATnorton-associates.co.ukREMOVE> wrote in message
> I have opened the ports I believe I require in order to play Links online.
> can host a game, & then it plays perfectly.
>
> However, if I attempt to join a game, when the game loads I get the
annoying
> 'Connection Failed' message.
>

> Any suggestions as to where I should be looking?
>
> OS is WinXP
> Connection is DSL through a Router...
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> James Goodman

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone,microsoft.public.games.zone.links2001,microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation,microsoft.public.games.zone.sport (More info?)

That sorted it. Thanks... :)

--
Cheers,

James Goodman
"me @ comcast" <me @ comcast> wrote in message
> see what you can find here:
>
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/
>

> "James" <jamesATnorton-associates.co.ukREMOVE> wrote in message
> > I have opened the ports I believe I require in order to play Links
online.
> > can host a game, & then it plays perfectly.
> >
> > However, if I attempt to join a game, when the game loads I get the
> annoying
> > 'Connection Failed' message.
> >

> > Any suggestions as to where I should be looking?
> >
> > OS is WinXP
> > Connection is DSL through a Router...
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> >
> > James Goodman

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone,microsoft.public.games.zone.links2001,microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation,microsoft.public.games.zone.sport (More info?)

> OS is WinXP
> Connection is DSL through a Router...

Hi James,
I have a Dlink Router, maybe I can help. My Settings in Virtual Server:
Name: MsnZone
Private IP: 192.168.x.x
Protocol Type: UDP
Private Port: 6073
Public Port: 6073
Importent!!! Gaming Mode: Enabled... found it by me under Tools>Misc
Hope I can help u!
Greetings from Germany
Rainer