anyone know where coin door carriage bolts can be bought?

Scot at pinrestore has the black painted ones, but what about the
non-painted ones? I've been to Home Depot and Lowes as well as two Ace
Hardware stores and no one seems to have them. they appear to be 8-32
carriage bolts about 1 and 1/4 inches long. mine are all rusted from
water dripping on the coin door during storage.

stevebo

Try emailing Scot directly with your request and guaranteed he will
find them for you. A lot of the stuff listed on his website has come
from people simply requesting these items.

Dave

Steve ... we are working to have them sourced at this time, both black
plated and non-plated. Will let you know if successful.

"Steve C" <steve@stevechannel.com> wrote in message
> Scot at pinrestore has the black painted ones, but what about the
> non-painted ones? I've been to Home Depot and Lowes as well as two Ace
> Hardware stores and no one seems to have them. they appear to be 8-32
> carriage bolts about 1 and 1/4 inches long. mine are all rusted from
> water dripping on the coin door during storage.
>
> stevebo

Rick,

Please post here if you're successful, I need some of these.

Bay Area Amusements LLC wrote:
> Steve ... we are working to have them sourced at this time, both black
> plated and non-plated. Will let you know if successful.

Scott

I remove the Carriage Bolts from any early SS Bally / Williams game
that I shop and buff them out on the buffer - they come out looking
brand new.

Same for the chrome Plungers.

Some days I wish I could source these carriage bolts brand new - it
would be faster and one day I'm afraid I'm going to "lose" one if the
buffer wheel grabs it out of the pliers I'm holding it with.

Later

I found them first try at my local Menards, only difference is they had
something inscribed on the tops, also cleaned up some baddly rusted
ones with a wire wheel on a drill press.

zTim

What era games are you referring to? Early SS's?

<scott@farrar.com> wrote in message
>I remove the Carriage Bolts from any early SS Bally / Williams game
> that I shop and buff them out on the buffer - they come out looking
> brand new.
>
> Same for the chrome Plungers.
>
> Some days I wish I could source these carriage bolts brand new - it
> would be faster and one day I'm afraid I'm going to "lose" one if the
> buffer wheel grabs it out of the pliers I'm holding it with.
>
> Later

Mine are NOT painted. My 1-1/4" bolts are a black oxide finish just like
the originals. Is that what you mean by non-painted?

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

Steve C wrote:
> Scot at pinrestore has the black painted ones, but what about the
> non-painted ones? I've been to Home Depot and Lowes as well as two Ace
> Hardware stores and no one seems to have them. they appear to be 8-32
> carriage bolts about 1 and 1/4 inches long. mine are all rusted from
> water dripping on the coin door during storage.
>
> stevebo

Scot,

And to others, what a great guy Scot is. without even waiting for my
reply he sent me a package of 4 with nuts to see if they would work.
his dime, his postage, his time, all that just to help out a fellow
pinhead.

unfortunately, the older ones aren't the same as the new ones. the old
ones (from a Black Knight actually), are an 8-32 carriage screw that's
about an inch and a quarter long. the newer ones are too large a
diameter to pass through the holes in the coin door so they can't be
used.

so thanks anyway Scot for sending them, I'll keep them for some of the
newer games I have (about 20 or so) and will pay you for them on my
next order since I'm looking at getting a few more things anyway. my
mistake on the color, not painted but an oxidized finish.

thanks again and I'll let folks know when I find a good source for
them (if they're out there).

steve

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:48:27 GMT, bogart <pinrestore@gmail.com> wrote:

>Mine are NOT painted. My 1-1/4" bolts are a black oxide finish just like
>the originals. Is that what you mean by non-painted?
>
>bogart
>www.pinrestore.com
>
>Steve C wrote:
>> Scot at pinrestore has the black painted ones, but what about the
>> non-painted ones? I've been to Home Depot and Lowes as well as two Ace
>> Hardware stores and no one seems to have them. they appear to be 8-32
>> carriage bolts about 1 and 1/4 inches long. mine are all rusted from
>> water dripping on the coin door during storage.
>>
>> stevebo

Black Knight for example. it uses the smaller 8-32 inch and an eighth
(or inch and a quarter would do) carriage bolts.

stevebo

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:40:53 -0400, "Pinball Parts Plus"
<PinballPartsPlus@comcast.com> wrote:

>What era games are you referring to? Early SS's?
>

><scott@farrar.com> wrote in message
>>I remove the Carriage Bolts from any early SS Bally / Williams game
>> that I shop and buff them out on the buffer - they come out looking
>> brand new.
>>
>> Same for the chrome Plungers.
>>
>> Some days I wish I could source these carriage bolts brand new - it
>> would be faster and one day I'm afraid I'm going to "lose" one if the
>> buffer wheel grabs it out of the pliers I'm holding it with.
>>
>> Later

Looking around on the Internet I found something:

http://www.fastenersuperstore.com/stores/superstore/step5.cfm?partId=362416&productCode=CFT&category=Bolts
but need to buy 4,000 of them at over 100 bucks.

I'll call and see if they can do a smaller number of these bolts.

stevebo

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:33:37 -0600, Steve C <steve@stevechannel.com>
wrote:

>Scot at pinrestore has the black painted ones, but what about the
>non-painted ones? I've been to Home Depot and Lowes as well as two Ace
>Hardware stores and no one seems to have them. they appear to be 8-32
>carriage bolts about 1 and 1/4 inches long. mine are all rusted from
>water dripping on the coin door during storage.
>
>stevebo

No problem. Often one look at a part is worth a thousand words. I
figured you'd be able to use them somewhere!

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

thanks Josh, I went with quarter arcade although they do have a $15
minimum. added a couple of other things so it was OK.

steve