Dell 4600

My Dell 4600 is a P4 at 3.06 GHZ with HT Technology. How do you tell
what the side bus speed is? TIA.
--
Cheers!

Jan

It's 533(133x4). The 3.06 is only available at that speed.
http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/

In article <nM-dnf_xJtVX2E_dRVn-iQ@adelphia.com>,
pen34us_nospam@hotmail.com says...
> It's 533(133x4). The 3.06 is only available at that speed.
> http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/
>
> "Jan Lavallee" <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > My Dell 4600 is a P4 at 3.06 GHZ with HT Technology. How do you tell
> > what the side bus speed is? TIA.
> > --
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Jan

Thanks!
--
Cheers!

Jan

In article <MPG.1b3bee1a3c9b43ef989689@shawnews>, myredsunfire@shaw.ca
says...
> In article <nM-dnf_xJtVX2E_dRVn-iQ@adelphia.com>,
> pen34us_nospam@hotmail.com says...
> > It's 533(133x4). The 3.06 is only available at that speed.
> > http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/
> >
> > "Jan Lavallee" <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > > My Dell 4600 is a P4 at 3.06 GHZ with HT Technology. How do you tell
> > > what the side bus speed is? TIA.
> > > --
> > > Cheers!
> > >
> > > Jan
> >

> Thanks!

Me again - my invoice from Dell said it was 3.06 GHZ with 533 side bus.
I just downloaded and ran an Intel Processor Frequenty ID utility and it
reports it is 3.0 with 800 side bus. Under my computer properties it
also says it is a 3.0. Did I luck out and get a faster processor than I
thought I was getting?
--
Cheers!

Jan

Sounds like you got lucky and got the upgraded mobo.

> In article <MPG.1b3bee1a3c9b43ef989689@shawnews>, myredsunfire@shaw.ca
> says...
> > In article <nM-dnf_xJtVX2E_dRVn-iQ@adelphia.com>,
> > pen34us_nospam@hotmail.com says...
> > > It's 533(133x4). The 3.06 is only available at that speed.
> > > http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/
> > >
> > > "Jan Lavallee" <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote in message

> > Thanks!
> >
> Me again - my invoice from Dell said it was 3.06 GHZ with 533 side bus.
> I just downloaded and ran an Intel Processor Frequenty ID utility and it
> reports it is 3.0 with 800 side bus. Under my computer properties it
> also says it is a 3.0. Did I luck out and get a faster processor than I
> thought I was getting?
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Jan

"Jan Lavallee" <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> In article <MPG.1b3bee1a3c9b43ef989689@shawnews>, myredsunfire@shaw.ca
> says...
>> In article <nM-dnf_xJtVX2E_dRVn-iQ@adelphia.com>,
>> pen34us_nospam@hotmail.com says...
>> > It's 533(133x4). The 3.06 is only available at that speed.
>> > http://indigo.intel.com/compare_cpu/
>> >
>> > "Jan Lavallee" <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote in message

>> Thanks!
>>
> Me again - my invoice from Dell said it was 3.06 GHZ with 533 side bus.
> I just downloaded and ran an Intel Processor Frequenty ID utility and it
> reports it is 3.0 with 800 side bus. Under my computer properties it
> also says it is a 3.0. Did I luck out and get a faster processor than I
> thought I was getting?
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Jan

F2 into BIOS at the Dell splash screen. Arrow down and highlight "CPU
information", press 'enter'. There you will find the true FSB speed.

Stew

Linda

In article <hqtAc.49880$Kd5.2057@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, stew1960
@mail.com says...

> "Jan Lavallee" <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > In article <MPG.1b3bee1a3c9b43ef989689@shawnews>, myredsunfire@shaw.ca
> > says...
> >> In article <nM-dnf_xJtVX2E_dRVn-iQ@adelphia.com>,
> >> pen34us_nospam@hotmail.com says...

> >> Thanks!
> >>
> > Me again - my invoice from Dell said it was 3.06 GHZ with 533 side bus.
> > I just downloaded and ran an Intel Processor Frequenty ID utility and it
> > reports it is 3.0 with 800 side bus. Under my computer properties it
> > also says it is a 3.0. Did I luck out and get a faster processor than I
> > thought I was getting?
> > --
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Jan
>

> F2 into BIOS at the Dell splash screen. Arrow down and highlight "CPU
> information", press 'enter'. There you will find the true FSB speed.
>

> Stew

Bios says it is 800 side bus. CPU speed is set at auto. Should I leave
it at auto? Sorry for the dumb questions but don't ask and you don't
learn.

"Linda" <lmadsenn5@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> In article <hqtAc.49880$Kd5.2057@bignews4.bellsouth.net>, stew1960
> @mail.com says...
> >
> > "Jan Lavallee" <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > > In article <MPG.1b3bee1a3c9b43ef989689@shawnews>, myredsunfire@shaw.ca
> > > says...

> > > Me again - my invoice from Dell said it was 3.06 GHZ with 533 side
bus.
> > > I just downloaded and ran an Intel Processor Frequenty ID utility and
it
> > > reports it is 3.0 with 800 side bus. Under my computer properties it
> > > also says it is a 3.0. Did I luck out and get a faster processor than
> > > thought I was getting?
> > > --
> > > Cheers!
> > >
> > > Jan
> >

> > F2 into BIOS at the Dell splash screen. Arrow down and highlight "CPU
> > information", press 'enter'. There you will find the true FSB speed.
> >

> > Stew
> >

> Bios says it is 800 side bus. CPU speed is set at auto. Should I leave
> it at auto? Sorry for the dumb questions but don't ask and you don't
> learn.

I would not touch it. If the system is working fine then that is one of
those lessons waiting to be learned if the setting is changed. Sorry, I am
one of those if it ain't broke believers. It sounds like you did luck out
and got the 800 FSB processor. Sometimes things do work out, eh Linda?

Regards,
John O.