Microsoft Broadband Networking issue after dl of xp 2

Hello,
I got the following message after downloading
windows service pack 2 for XP and rebooting on my laptop
which is running XP on a HP pavillion ze4500.

Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
compatible with this version of Windows, contact
Microsoft Broadband Networking.

TO RUN THE PROGRAM, CLICK CONTINUE. FOR MORE INFORMATION
CLICK DETAILS

[] Don't display this message again

CONTINUE CANCEL DETAILS

I clicked on continue and it seems to have run ok.
The next day I booted the laptop I again got the same
above message. I clicked on details and I have been ld to
this site where I am trying to find out if there is
anything more I have to do on my end?? I have been able
to connect to the internet still but just want to make
sure I am able to get updates for the networking hardware
if needed.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron

This is fixed with the latest download for Microsoft routers/base stations
are available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx
Be sure to click the link on "Learn about this update (Readme)" before you
download the file.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Ron C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I got the following message after downloading
> windows service pack 2 for XP and rebooting on my laptop
> which is running XP on a HP pavillion ze4500.
>
> Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known compatibility
> issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is
> compatible with this version of Windows, contact
> Microsoft Broadband Networking.
>
> TO RUN THE PROGRAM, CLICK CONTINUE. FOR MORE INFORMATION
> CLICK DETAILS
>
> [] Don't display this message again
>
> CONTINUE CANCEL DETAILS
>
> I clicked on continue and it seems to have run ok.
> The next day I booted the laptop I again got the same
> above message. I clicked on details and I have been ld to
> this site where I am trying to find out if there is
> anything more I have to do on my end?? I have been able
> to connect to the internet still but just want to make
> sure I am able to get updates for the networking hardware
> if needed.
> Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron

ET

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Chris's fix is correct. I had the older version of the
Microsoft broadband software installed on one of my
networked computers. It was the old 2.0 version and
after the SP2 installation, I received the same message.
After installing the 2.2.0.731 update to the broadband
software, the wireless connection is working again.

Chris H and ET,
You 2 are great!!!! I checked the site you
(Chris) recommended and followed your advice(ET)and
experience. I downloaded the update with no problem and
all is working well. Thanks again for all your expertise,
Ron
_
>DLoadMain.mspx
>>Be sure to click the link on "Learn about this update
>(Readme)" before you
>>download the file.
>>--
>>Chris H.
>>Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>>Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
>>Associate Expert
>>Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>

>>"Ron C." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>message
>>> Hello,
>>> I got the following message after downloading
>>> windows service pack 2 for XP and rebooting on my
>laptop
>>> which is running XP on a HP pavillion ze4500.
>>>
>>> Microsoft Broadband Networking has a known
>compatibility
>>> issue with this version of Windows. For an update
that
>is
>>> compatible with this version of Windows, contact
>>> Microsoft Broadband Networking.
>>>
>>> TO RUN THE PROGRAM, CLICK CONTINUE. FOR MORE
>INFORMATION
>>> CLICK DETAILS
>>>
>>> [] Don't display this message again
>>>
>>> CONTINUE CANCEL DETAILS
>>>
>>> I clicked on continue and it seems to have run ok.
>>> The next day I booted the laptop I again got the same
>>> above message. I clicked on details and I have been
ld
>>> this site where I am trying to find out if there is
>>> anything more I have to do on my end?? I have been
able
>>> to connect to the internet still but just want to make
>>> sure I am able to get updates for the networking
>hardware
>>> if needed.
>>> Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Ron

>>.
>>
>.

TRENDING THREADS