939 plus 3500+ or 754 plus 3700+

I have configured a socket 754 with the 3700+ AMD 64 processor on the HP site for $1134.

But, I like the 939 myself I and the 3500+ which I could build myself (although my wifey says no this time).

How would the 3700/754 combo compare to the 3500 plus the 939?

Any place to buy the 939/3500 that you'd recommend?

Thanks

Mike
7 answers Last reply
More about 3500 3700
  1. why wont she let you build?

just smack her face a little, and im sure she will be more understanding

-------
    <A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
    Brand name whores are stupid!
  2. >How would the 3700/754 combo compare to the 3500 plus the
    >939?

Definately not a big difference, but don't let that stop you. Explain her that by building yourselve, you're saving some bucks for a romantic dinner or something :)

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
  3. Hehe the hanbrake has spoken huh.
  4. BTW, you can buy socket 939 systems from HP; The HP Compaq GX500Z series come with S939 A64's, as well as <b>standard </b> quality components like MSI K8N Neo2 MB, Enermax PSU, etc. Actually, quite nice if you ask me, even though they're not cheap.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
  5. Thanks all........I'll try to bring her around but (its a real shame) I'm whupped.........
  6. I can't find the The HP Compaq GX500Z series on the website - can you direct me to know where to look?

Thanks

Mike
  7. Nevermind found it........
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Hewlett Packard Processors