Dell or toshiba

Status
Not open for further replies.

faiaz

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Hi everyone,
I'm from Canada and I need a laptop for university. I'm not looking to spend too much $600 max. Given the price, I narrowed it down to getting a acer (AS5741), Dell (Inspiron 1564 or Vostro 3500) or Toshiba (C650).

I can look up the specs when I buy it but does anyone know how these laptops compare in terms of reliability? Also is it possible to order a vostro without owning a business?

sauvesean

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Having never owned an Acer I can't speak for their reliability, but I would guess they would be competitive with Toshiba. Dells are not very reliable, they are CHEAP. Do not buy an HP unless you purchase their business machines. The home laptops from HP are poorly designed and break very easily.

Yes, you can buy a Vostro without owning a business

faiaz

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

Just out of curiosity I went to check out a vostro to see if I can, but it asks for a company name. So can I just write whatever I want even if it's not a real business?

Also, I guess you're recommending toshiba then.

picknick2008

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
last week i bought dell 1564 and its very good laptop for dailyworks ....
but it has one big problem with gaming if you a game fan....
the the screen is led and very clear....
you it also runs windows 7 so easy....

but the toshiba is somekinda old stlylish ,and if you are looking for looks ,i think dell is the better choice.

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
I would recommend staying away from Dell and HP laptops, cause there known to have lots of problems.
for quality I would recommend Toshiba laptops, having owned and had experience with them.
As for Acer, I have not used it so cant comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.